What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you ought to buy another just like with an L9H motor and 6-speed!

A few months ago, I tried to contact that guy in WA (or was it OR?), the one that posted the walkaround YouTube vid. Never heard back.

Now's a terrible time to be buying anything. I guess I'll just end up having to build my own. :D
I'm still monitoring FB and CL for a good 6.2.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That the best fix?
apparently since the bushing likes to break, why gm didn't design it that way to begin with is beyond me, other than speed of production, they could have even just slapped on a metal clip. stupid engineers will put a lock tab on a freaking plug that will likely never ever ever come off but won't where it's most likely to come off :confused:

if the original bushing is toast you can use 2 thin washers and a short sleeve for the center and drill a small hole in the shifter control nipple for the cotter pin
just a trip to the hardware store if you don't already have a bucket of misc stuff in the garage already. autoparts store has a little kit of all different size cotter pins.
$5-10 and 5 minutes and permanent fix.

I bought the bushing from bushing fix but the heat made it soft and so it popped off 3 months later, I left that on and added a outside washer and cotter pin, works great

Last edited:

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
Shift cable bushing let go on me. Ordered a new lower shifter cable from rockauto
When that happened on my Jeep I found a vendor online that was selling shift linkage bushings for all kinds of vehicles. It was a very inexpensive part. Sorry, it was years ago and I don’t recall the name.

Full disclosure the Chinese bushing failed later and I did the fix with a cotter pin like @Doubeleive mentioned. I don’t think the aftermarket bushings were as good as the original.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When that happened on my Jeep I found a vendor online that was selling shift linkage bushings for all kinds of vehicles. It was a very inexpensive part. Sorry, it was years ago and I don’t recall the name.

Full disclosure the Chinese bushing failed later and I did the fix with a cotter pin like @Doubeleive mentioned. I don’t think the aftermarket bushings were as good as the original.
ya the heat makes the plasti-rubber or whatever they make it out of soften up and it won't hold tight

CaptainAmerica1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
apparently since the bushing likes to break, why gm didn't design it that way to begin with is beyond me, other than speed of production, they could have even just slapped on a metal clip. stupid engineers will put a lock tab on a freaking plug that will likely never ever ever come off but won't where it's most likely to come off :confused:

if the original bushing is toast you can use 2 thin washers and a short sleeve for the center and drill a small hole in the shifter control nipple for the cotter pin
just a trip to the hardware store if you don't already have a bucket of misc stuff in the garage already. autoparts store has a little kit of all different size cotter pins.
$5-10 and 5 minutes and permanent fix.

I bought the bushing from bushing fix but the heat made it soft and so it popped off 3 months later, I left that on and added a outside washer and cotter pin, works great
Thanks, I may go that route. I’m on travel till Friday so it’s zip tied for now. Just sucks cuz it was raining when it happened so I had to lay in 2” of water to rig it up temporarily…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts