What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Next part number question:

WHY DA EFF ARE THERE TWO DIFFERENT PART NUMBERS FOR THE REAR GLASS LIFT STRUTS?!!

My original ones are labeled 15161943 LH and 15161944 RH for the left and right sides, respectively. I can't figure out why there would even be two different ones, unless the piston or ends don't swivel like 99% of every other lift strut in existence.

Anyone ever used Strongarm #6157? What about Sachs or Stabilius? Those two have left and right part numbers as well.

I replaced the lift struts on my rear hatch with the Strongarm lift struts.

I am not a fan. If I still had the old lift struts I would put them back on and send these back.

Sometimes when I hit the button and the gate starts to lift it will get almost all the way up and then the lift motor acts like it encounters an object and it will stop and begin to close again almost like the struts are working against the lift motor.

It doesn't always do it but it has done it several times since replacing them.

There was nothing really wrong with the old struts. I replaced them as preventative maintenance thinking it would make it easier on the lift gate motor and gears... guess I was wrong.

I chose the Strongarm brand because they were supposed to be higher pressure (stronger) struts.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I am not a fan. If I still had the old lift struts I would put them back on and send these back.

Sometimes when I hit the button and the gate starts to lift it will get almost all the way up and then the lift motor acts like it encounters an object and it will stop and begin to close again almost like the struts are working against the lift motor.

There was nothing really wrong with the old struts. I replaced them as preventative maintenance thinking it would make it easier on the lift gate motor and gears... guess I was wrong.

I chose the Strongarm brand because they were supposed to be higher pressure (stronger) struts.
This is the second post on here recently of someone having issues with Strongarm gas springs. Interesting.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

This is the second post on here recently of someone having issues with Strongarm gas springs. Interesting.

I have used the strong arm in the past they didn't make it 2 years and crapped out

Whale, shit. I ended up ordering them since they seemed to be more popular than the other brands. The GM ones were $35-$40 each. My hatch works fine and these are for the glass, so I'm hoping their smaller ones are ok.

Have you noticed if yours acts up only or mostly in cold weather?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whale, shit. I ended up ordering them since they seemed to be more popular than the other brands. The GM ones were $35-$40 each. My hatch works fine and these are for the glass, so I'm hoping their smaller ones are ok.

didn't seem to make any difference hot or cold

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score

Colder weather definitely makes it worse in my case... which is what usually happens when they get old and worn out, which is what ticks me off because these are brand new.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia