What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@89Suburban
The OEM tight fitting Oil Filler Tube PN: 609729947

I don't see any listings for it unless you want used, but being it's a one time use...

Doing some searching you might be able to find some new old stock somewhere.

(grabbed it hoping it said "710" on it for lols with the wife, nope!)
:D

Thanks dawg.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I pop the end off the coils then spin the plug end of the wire around a few times. Then slowly pull out on it as I work the end in a circular motion. Sometimes I have to grab the heat shield with some long needle-nosed pliers and wiggle and pull it by that.
Your so ******* sexy sometimes :)

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Next part number question:

WHY DA EFF ARE THERE TWO DIFFERENT PART NUMBERS FOR THE REAR GLASS LIFT STRUTS?!!

My original ones are labeled 15161943 LH and 15161944 RH for the left and right sides, respectively. I can't figure out why there would even be two different ones, unless the piston or ends don't swivel like 99% of every other lift strut in existence.

Anyone ever used Strongarm #6157? What about Sachs or Stabilius? Those two have left and right part numbers as well.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
I have this cap but not retainer. I have to place mine in pump all the time. Is that piece available separately?

I found just the retainer, but it's $$
buy the "used" for $10

that's what i did, it was a perfect fit and i used the cap it came with.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Next part number question:

WHY DA EFF ARE THERE TWO DIFFERENT PART NUMBERS FOR THE REAR GLASS LIFT STRUTS?!!

My original ones are labeled 15161943 LH and 15161944 RH for the left and right sides, respectively. I can't figure out why there would even be two different ones, unless the piston or ends don't swivel like 99% of every other lift strut in existence.

Anyone ever used Strongarm #6157? What about Sachs or Stabilius? Those two have left and right part numbers as well.
never really thought about the left/right thing, my passenger side started leaking so I just replaced it with a oem one

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019