What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well my OEM signal mirrors just arrived...... I wonder if the puddle lights will work since the lights don't flash when I lock/unlock/remote start?

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Changed out my tensioner and idler pulley. The Idler pulley I received was too small so I swapped the bearing. Both had bad bearings so I was worth it but my belt noise persisted. I believe it is the AC belt. I am looking for the threads about this issue but the search function is still down. Anyone got some links or suggestions on what belt to run?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Noticed yesterday that my blower wasn't doing anything. Seemed odd. The fuse was OK, so I replaced the resistor and motor. I figure it was likely just the resistor, but I saw some stuff that a faulty motor can cook resistors...so I just did them both. Ac is back and not too soon lemme tell ya.

You did fine. My bro replaced the resistor in his truck and the blower lasted maybe five minutes before smoke came out of the vents from a newly-fried resistor pack. The root problem was the blower motor which killed the original resistor and then the new one.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed out my tensioner and idler pulley. The Idler pulley I received was too small so I swapped the bearing. Both had bad bearings so I was worth it but my belt noise persisted. I believe it is the AC belt. I am looking for the threads about this issue but the search function is still down. Anyone got some links or suggestions on what belt to run?

For belts, I stick to Gates, Goodyear or Bando. They're stretch-fit, so you're gonna need the tool or take it somewhere.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
For belts, I stick to Gates, Goodyear or Bando. They're stretch-fit, so you're gonna need the tool or take it somewhere.
Thanks. I remember you guys talking about that. Someone was gonna look into how to add a tensioner but I didn’t see any more about it. Also heard of the zit tie trick but I don’t like that much.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Thanks. I remember you guys talking about that. Someone was gonna look into how to add a tensioner but I didn’t see any more about it. Also heard of the zit tie trick but I don’t like that much.

Makes me glad I have an '08 with the tensioner on the A/C belt.

Maybe you could buy a tensioner and bracket for an '07-'08 and bolt it onto your truck :shrug:.