What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

My favorite wheels!

Daughter and I changed the fluid in the transmission. Removed top transmission line going into radiator. Pushed in a Hayden 397 adapter with 3/8" ID nylon tubing from Home Depot. Ran that into a 5 gallon bucket marked for 3 gallons with a sharpie.

Started the engine and let transmission pump out about 6 quarts and shut motor off. Poured in 2 gallons of ACDelco Dexron VI, started the engine again and spent 5 seconds in each gear while old fluid pumped itself into bucket.

Fluid was just beginning to change color at 3 gallon mark so we shut engine off. Put everything back together again. Added 3 more quarts and then a 4th using COLD setting on dipstick.

Took the truck out onto the highway and ran her through the paces and checked pressures and such with Tech-2. All is well.

Arrived home, transmission was finally at 160 and was dead in the middle of the hash marks on HOT setting on stick. Reset internal Transmission Oil Life Meter to 100% from 77% and updated logs.

Fluid that came out had 36,106 miles and 1200 hours on it. On to the next project!

Last edited:

Derick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Noticed yesterday that my blower wasn't doing anything. Seemed odd. The fuse was OK, so I replaced the resistor and motor. I figure it was likely just the resistor, but I saw some stuff that a faulty motor can cook resistors...so I just did them both. Ac is back and not too soon lemme tell ya.

Idriveaho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pulled an older gentleman in a Chevy Trax out of a recently poured gravel lot. More like mini boulders really. The front end got buried. That was my good deed of the day.

That's crazy.

Tire Discounters is new here. I am a die hard Discount Tire fan, but Indiana has been swarmed by two new players, Belle Tire and Tire Discounters. I actually went to a place called "Best Ones of Indy" recently. It was a local tire shop called Indy Tire, bought out by "best ones" (worst name ever am i right?). I was impressed with their service and prices so I gave em a shot. Same thing goes with Tire Discounters. Discount tire wanted the same $$ (a bit better of a tire tbh) but TD threw in free 12 months worth of alignments. So I'm OK with that. So far, I'm happy with the tires. They also gave me a 25% discount on the TPMS sensor installs. They brought the price down to match Discount Tire, and then they took another %15 or so off of a 5th tire to bring my spare up to an acceptable spec.

What part of Indiana do you live in. I’m in Camby. I’ve used belle tire for new Michelin’s on my wife’s equinox. Was cheapest in around. Great service. Did it during their grand opening so they had specials and rebates. I also did an oil change there recently. Around 60 which is close to the deal at the dealership I go to all the time for Mobil 1 synthetic and filter, and rotate. Only thing the dealer has over them is free food at their own cafe and they give out a free wash at their own car wash. Oh and free cookie at checkout...

Noticed yesterday that my blower wasn't doing anything. Seemed odd. The fuse was OK, so I replaced the resistor and motor. I figure it was likely just the resistor, but I saw some stuff that a faulty motor can cook resistors...so I just did them both. Ac is back and not too soon lemme tell ya.

Yesterday got hot. My temp said it was 82 out. I had a scare though. Went to leave work and as soon as it started it made a god awful sound. I think And I hope it might be the starter gear sticking. But it stopped when I turned the ac off. But I couldn’t replicate the problem. Ac works fine. A lot easier to replace a starter.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I pulled an older gentleman in a Chevy Trax out of a recently poured gravel lot. More like mini boulders really. The front end got buried. That was my good deed of the day.

What part of Indiana do you live in. I’m in Camby. I’ve used belle tire for new Michelin’s on my wife’s equinox. Was cheapest in around. Great service. Did it during their grand opening so they had specials and rebates. I also did an oil change there recently. Around 60 which is close to the deal at the dealership I go to all the time for Mobil 1 synthetic and filter, and rotate. Only thing the dealer has over them is free food at their own cafe and they give out a free wash at their own car wash. Oh and free cookie at checkout...

Yesterday got hot. My temp said it was 82 out. I had a scare though. Went to leave work and as soon as it started it made a god awful sound. I think And I hope it might be the starter gear sticking. But it stopped when I turned the ac off. But I couldn’t replicate the problem. Ac works fine. A lot easier to replace a starter.
the ac pumps are known to make god awful noises, if it keeps happening or happens more and more try taking the ac belt off and see if the noise goes away, easier to replace it before it blows crap in the whole system. Sometimes they may sound like some one dropped a hand full of metal bolts into a garbage disposal.

Derick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What part of Indiana do you live in. I’m in Camby. I’ve used belle tire for new Michelin’s on my wife’s equinox. Was cheapest in around. Great service. Did it during their grand opening so they had specials and rebates. I also did an oil change there recently. Around 60 which is close to the deal at the dealership I go to all the time for Mobil 1 synthetic and filter, and rotate. Only thing the dealer has over them is free food at their own cafe and they give out a free wash at their own car wash. Oh and free cookie at checkout..

I live in hamilton county. I actually did live in camby from 06-10. Loved that area, but the GF got pregnant....my 2 bedroom apartment wasnt going to cut it, so we moved out of there. I loved how quick and easy it was to get to 70.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak

Latest posts