What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The one I posted about can charge multiple batteries at the same time with adapters. I forget where I read it, some manual said the GMT900 charging system was not made for AGM batteries.
it could be my batterys, I needed a new charger anyway I have had two funky ones over the last 10 years, both always needed a smack to get working, if it's not the problem then I will start looking at other things I was testing voltage at my car amp a few days ago and I am getting a solid 14+ out of the mechman so I don't know.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They guy at Autozone told him they give $10.00 for old batteries. To add insult to injury, Tire Discounters charged him $22.00 in shop supplies. His total charge for a regular 650CCA battery was just over $250.00. I really felt sorry for the guy. I’ve never used Tire Discounters before, so I don’t know if that’s standard operating practice for them or not. I had never heard bad things about them in the past. PEP Boys is a whole other story. I know enough to do about 85% of my own work, the other 15% I know enough about not to get ripped off
I heard a autozone commercial on the radio the other day saying they will change your battery for free, lol I hope they trained someone right some batteries are a real ***** and all kinds of things can go wrong

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I heard a autozone commercial on the radio the other day saying they will change your battery for free, lol I hope they trained someone right some batteries are a real ***** and all kinds of things can go wrong
I'm pretty sure that if they can put a face shield and rubber apron on and can actually lift the battery, they are considered qualified. I wouldn't assume much more than that.

Derick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was in Autozone last Friday and heard a customer bitching about Tire Discounters. He was showing the guy behind the counter his invoice for a battery replacement and the invoice showed a $70 battery disposal fee. In all my years of doing my own work, it’s the first time I’d ever heard of that.

That's crazy.

Tire Discounters is new here. I am a die hard Discount Tire fan, but Indiana has been swarmed by two new players, Belle Tire and Tire Discounters. I actually went to a place called "Best Ones of Indy" recently. It was a local tire shop called Indy Tire, bought out by "best ones" (worst name ever am i right?). I was impressed with their service and prices so I gave em a shot. Same thing goes with Tire Discounters. Discount tire wanted the same $$ (a bit better of a tire tbh) but TD threw in free 12 months worth of alignments. So I'm OK with that. So far, I'm happy with the tires. They also gave me a 25% discount on the TPMS sensor installs. They brought the price down to match Discount Tire, and then they took another %15 or so off of a 5th tire to bring my spare up to an acceptable spec.

Reaction score
Other than driving it back and forth to work everyday, nothing special, but I did run it through the car wash on my way home today.

I work for a local school district and have been going in every weekday morning for about 4hrs since the 30th to help bag and deliver meals to kids/families via school buses. We use 8 buses and each bus has a set route and stop times, about 17 stops per bus.

Last week we gave out 8200 meals (4100 bags, each bag consists of a lunch for that day and a breakfast for the next day.)

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Other than driving it back and forth to work everyday, nothing special, but I did run it through the car wash on my way home today.

I work for a local school district and have been going in every weekday morning for about 4hrs since the 30th to help bag and deliver meals to kids/families via school buses. We use 8 buses and each bus has a set route and stop times, about 17 stops per bus.

Last week we gave out 8200 meals (4100 bags, each bag consists of a lunch for that day and a breakfast for the next day.)

That’s awesome

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Good work Sir!! Thank you for helping those who need it!

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pictures incoming.......... got the Tru Cooler Max installed today.

My OEM cooler bracket was welded in........so there was some fabrication involved. I finally got to use my rivnut installer too!