What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cfmistry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got an '07 LT3 last week. Loving it. But so far...

2 new key FOBs
2 new keys
A/C control stickers
Steering wheel wrap
New center console wrap
Universal floor mats (it didn't come with any)
Front air dam (was missing)
Timken front left wheel bearing/hub :(
Gabriel Ultra rear shocks
GM TPMS sensors (mine were missing)
Used 285/45-22 tires

So it's been a bit more expensive than I planned for, but still manageable!

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got an '07 LT3 last week. Loving it. But so far...

2 new key FOBs
2 new keys
A/C control stickers
Steering wheel wrap
New center console wrap
Universal floor mats (it didn't come with any)
Front air dam (was missing)
Timken front left wheel bearing/hub :(
Gabriel Ultra rear shocks
GM TPMS sensors (mine were missing)
Used 285/45-22 tires

So it's been a bit more expensive than I planned for, but still manageable!

Every time I purchase a used vehicle, especially if it's more than 5 years old, I budget $1000 for repairs. My reasoning is that when someone knows they're going to sell/trade theirs, they defer maintenance and repairs. My experience has shown this to be pretty typical, unless buying something fairly new from a dealer.

Derick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every time I purchase a used vehicle, especially if it's more than 5 years old, I budget $1000 for repairs. My reasoning is that when someone knows they're going to sell/trade theirs, they defer maintenance and repairs. My experience has shown this to be pretty typical, unless buying something fairly new from a dealer.
Yep, this is the right answer. Consider it into your offer as well. "Ok, you want 10k, ok, well I figure another 1-2k in repairs and stuff that you've avoided for the last 2 years, soooo I'll give you 9200. "

GranPrix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

cfmistry

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Tool man, you are 100% right. In fact I know I am pretty lucky only running about $1k in small repairs on a 150k mile truck. I am lucky the previous owners took good care of her, evident by the Amsoil stickers.

09 L9H

not a boomer
Reaction score
This is the way to do it. I bought my truck off a buy-here pay-here lot in June. Told the salesman I wanted to go a Chevy dealership for a PPI and he said "oh, we've already had a mechanic look everything over." I foolishly said OK and only had it a few days before I dropped about $2500 on it in one morning.

Went in for new tires ($1250), and the tire place determined that my brake discs/pads were shot. Went to a brake shop and they replaced my brakes only to find out that my wheel bearings were completely busted. And no, I didn't get fleeced. The front end had been making a horrible grinding sound under cornering loads, so I knew that was either bearings or ball joints. But when they had it on the lift, they showed me just how much play there was about the horizontal axis.

Since then I've driven about 13k miles and no maintenance other than an oil change every 5k miles or so. Lesson learned: take vehicle to a dealership for a PPI and have money saved up for DM items. And in case you're wondering, yes, this was my first actual vehicle purchase.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I definitely did not rip donuts in any empty parking lots this weekend. No I did not.

View attachment 212113

You scored an L9H Tahoe from a buy-here-pay-here lot?! I'd think that people that own those know what they have and take care of them and trade them in at new car dealerships. In my mind, it's just the type of vehicle that's too nice to end up at those types of car lots.

M3kanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You scored an L9H Tahoe from a buy-here-pay-here lot?! I'd think that people that own those know what they have and take care of them and trade them in at new car dealerships. In my mind, it's just the type of vehicle that's too nice to end up at those types of car lots.
You'd be surprised. I know a few high profile dealership owners and they only care about profits. Most of the time they dont care what it is. They just know that a particular type of vehicle sells well in that area and that's what they care about.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Two years ago that was true. But I'm seeing them show up at those lots quite a bit recently. They usually have over 150k miles, and/or obvious cosmetic issues (ragged interior, crap wheels, questionable mods). Even then, they ask a premium for them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trickystick19

Latest posts