What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GranPrix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally put on my body colored blue mirrors and wire up the whelen led fogs to the dimmer switch.

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The place I ordered my fob from said for newer years (2009+ I think), a special programmer was needed. At least for my 2012 it was. The guy brought out this huge laptop-sized programmer and plugged it into my OBDII port to program mine. Only cost $30 to do it. Took 2 minutes.

Or it’s free. I bought a $12 remote off eBay and came with instructions. Was super easy.
https://northcoastkeyless.com/2010-chevrolet-tahoe-keyless-entry-remote-programming-instructions/

Reaction score

Derick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I went and started up the burb at the mechanics parking lot. He hasnt taken it in yet, so he just did a visual check. No squeal, knock, whatever. I swear, hand to god, it sounded like imminent failure last week when I started it up. I tried it with both the HVAC off, and on, and no change...just purring right along. So, hopefully it is a tensioner, or a compressor in a worse case scenario. I cant imagine that an awful engine that is teetering on failure would sound terrible one moment, and just fine the next....so fingers crossed it is indeed a simple fix. He also assured me that it would be pretty strange for the 6.0 to die at 144k.

I am also having him check a knock/clunk/noise from the back passenger side. Something to do with the leafs. I posted a question in suspension a while back and no one responded....likely due to it being a 2500. I rented a lift a few weeks ago and found nothing loose so I'm not sure what the problem could be....mechanic will look at that too. That said, I took it to carx, and another shop to have them look into that rear end noise...both said they found nothing wrong, but its there, and it sounds like a loose tin of some sort. I figured I bumped the exhaust head shield or something, but nope, its secure.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have had a a/c compressor sound fine at regular idle/rpm but when revved up or ran a couple minutes later would make a deathly noise, I would keep an eye on it, if the sound returns pull the a/c belt off and see if that that is it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BattleBorn