Tonyrodz's Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome to see and hear you drive it again Tony. Looks like you just about have it figured out. Who was it that installed your headers anyway, the same “friend “ who has had it forever?

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
These pic angles don't show the height of my crossover pipe in relation to the cross member. They actually make it look really high. But you can get a visual of the two points in question. Loosen all three slip-fit connections, and let the Y droop down as much as the slack in the slip-fits will allow but remain above the bottom of the cross member. They'll try to realign as you tighten the clamps, so wedge a 2x4 or something on top of the Y, against the floor of the body to hold it down and into position while you tighten everything where you want it. You can mark everything very carefully with a permanent marker, remove the Y and have someone weld it together so the clamps and slip-fits will never be a problem.

View attachment 262977

View attachment 262978
I can't wait to try it. I'd love to get my 4wd back.
Plug wires are plug wires as long as they still work. I think I have 3 different brands on the Tahoe right now.

Turck sounds like it's running great! I like the cluster. trans looks like it's shifting good too. You got a hot rod again! :party36:
Kept burning the wires and/or boots because of the headers. I burned through 2 sets before going with the Taylors. They never burned on the headers.
I've had the best luck out the OEM wires. The ones that are actual OE, not just ACDelco brand or whatever.
Taylors were made for headers. I'll eventually get another set. 10.5 mm too.
she sounds damn good. good to see you back on the road.
Yes she does. Good to be back on the road. Thx Scotty.
Awesome to see and hear you drive it again Tony. Looks like you just about have it figured out. Who was it that installed your headers anyway, the same “friend “ who has had it forever?
I was working on it today a little bit. Just trying to tidy up inside, fix my turn signals, musc stuff. Took me over an hr to wire in an aftermarket pwr port to replace one that didn't work.
Yup--dumbass/numb nuts installed the headers originally. I wish I had a nice garage to work in lol. I'd be spoiled!

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz