Tonyrodz's Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
These pic angles don't show the height of my crossover pipe in relation to the cross member. They actually make it look really high. But you can get a visual of the two points in question. Loosen all three slip-fit connections, and let the Y droop down as much as the slack in the slip-fits will allow but remain above the bottom of the cross member. They'll try to realign as you tighten the clamps, so wedge a 2x4 or something on top of the Y, against the floor of the body to hold it down and into position while you tighten everything where you want it. You can mark everything very carefully with a permanent marker, remove the Y and have someone weld it together so the clamps and slip-fits will never be a problem.

View attachment 262977

View attachment 262978
I mean.... that shit is like not of this world man. Can you please come out to communist Colorado for a bit and clean up my Yukon? I’ll cook all your meals. [emoji16][emoji631]

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
Yes, it does matter because that's how the tuning software companies make their money. If someone paid EFI Live to unlock their ECU then tried to tune with HPT essentially HPT would make no money off that ECU. When I swapped from EFI to HPT I had to pay again.
You pay for the credit to tune it that ECM. If I tuned my car with HTP and then sold it to you, you couldn’t hook up your HPT software and tune without buying the credit. You purchase the credit for VIN number and ECM you tune. It doesn’t open the ECM for tuning by any Tom Dick or Harry with HPT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
Does this mean I can't use 87 octane anymore? What could I get away with, 89?
Use 91 at a minimum. 87 will give you no power and shit for fuel mileage. You don’t have an Esky PCM, who knows how it’s tuned. You may not have a low enough table or the computer may not be able to pull enough timing and you’ll be way under powered and carbon everything up. You need to remember, this is higher compression, it needs octane to keep the knocks away.

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
Just catching up. Glad you have it back but I don’t think I could have kept from losing my cool when he handed me that bill. I would have beat the holy hell out of him and took my truck. I would pay the bail money and he would have had to take me to court to get me to pay that bill. You have a lot more in your favor in court than he does.
I’ll check back in later to get caught up on everything else. This thread was the first one I went to. I had to know what was going on.
Hope your shoulder is better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
labans