Ford Expedition build thread.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got to thinking (now my head hurts) and I'm going to be making subtle changes to the Expedition I recently got. I figure to start a build thread here. I'm not going to raise or lower it, but I have a knack for subtle changes making a big difference. Here is what I'm starting with.

View attachment 421657View attachment 421657View attachment 421659View attachment 421660View attachment 421661

There will be a lot of things you won't see. I used the heat for the first time today and realized the previous owner was a heavy smoker. Now I smell like an ash tray. Ozium, here I come.
How do you plan to refresh the lower cladding?

Coolman1987us

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I now have brakes that will stop a politician from asking for money. :drunk:
Although extremely sceptical, I commend your effort. You know this is a forum for GM though right? Specifically Tahoe and Yukon.

OP
OP
grouch

grouch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you plan to refresh the lower cladding?

When the weather warms a bit, I've got some all materials spray paint by Krylon. I'll be freshening the side cladding and the front and rear bumper covers with semi gloss black. When I was fighting to get the wheels off (the aluminum had welded itself to the steel rotors through electrolysis) I noticed a bunch of curb rash.

I may paint the wheels black and leave the center cap natural silver. Similar to what I did on my Dakota.

SAM_0932.JPGResized_20231109_115143.jpeg

I had a Jeep XJ Cherokee years ago with the black wheels and natural center cap. It really set it off.

On the Expedition, it may look pretty good but possibly like a police spec. SUV.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
When the weather warms a bit, I've got some all materials spray paint by Krylon. I'll be freshening the side cladding and the front and rear bumper covers with semi gloss black. When I was fighting to get the wheels off (the aluminum had welded itself to the steel rotors through electrolysis) I noticed a bunch of curb rash.

I may paint the wheels black and leave the center cap natural silver. Similar to what I did on my Dakota.

View attachment 421939View attachment 421940

I had a Jeep XJ Cherokee years ago with the black wheels and natural center cap. It really set it off.

On the Expedition, it may look pretty good but possibly like a police spec. SUV.
Nice job disguising the rust with the camouflage!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts