Thin gray line tahoe build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

thingraylinetah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to give an update. I replaced the mass air flow sensor with one off a parts yukon I have and reset the code and the check engine light is off and the drivability is back. Also my cluster was going dim at night when the lights were on. I changed out the dimmer switch with one from the parts yukon and it no longer goes dim.

OP
OP
T

thingraylinetah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I painted the tahoe frame in a rustoleum 2in1 paint primer combo in matte black. I put on 3 coats of it and once it dried I put on 3 coats of rustoleum high heat ceramic paint.

Attachments

• 20211124_134142.jpg
    20211124_134142.jpg
    467.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 20211124_134146.jpg
    20211124_134146.jpg
    564.7 KB · Views: 5
OP
OP
T

thingraylinetah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update,

The mass airflow senor went out and threw a code as did the knock sensors. I figured it might be the maf causing the knock sensor issues. I reset the code and it drove fine and got decent gas mileage for a week. Then the check engine light came back on and the code was for the knock sensors. The sensors and the plug will be delivered today and the intake gasket was delivered yesterday.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's okay. I've got a leak from the valve cover. I'm trying to find one of the updated valve covers for when I put the new valve cover gaskets on.
Just snug those valve cover bolts down. I can't remember the exact spec but it's inch pounds. Those bolts are are easy to break

OP
OP
T

thingraylinetah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I'm giving an update. Thursday morning my step son who is a mechanic will drive my tahoe to the shop where he works. He will be replacing the knock sensors, the connector, the valley pan gasket, the grommets under the knock sensors and is going to change the valve cover gaskets. I'll post more updates once these repairs are completed. As to whether or not it was fixed or not.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA