Rocket Man's 2008 Bagged CC Silverado Build AKA "THE MACHINE"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t know what’s up with them. Most of their bigger comps show as out of stock and they never get any mentions in the bagged circles that I visit. Can’t get detailed specs either, like CFM at pressure etc. They’re ugly , that’s for sure lmao.

They were the running joke back in the day on S10Forum (and many other forums for that matter). Had a cult following just as strong as a cult hating.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They were the running joke back in the day on S10Forum (and many other forums for that matter). Had a cult following just as strong as a cult hating.
Interesting. Air Zenith is kind of the same these days. Their claims of CFM are way high compared to anyone else’s and some guys swear they’re the fastest in the market but there’s some who think they don’t last either. I can’t take a chance so I need reliability as well as speed. It’s hard to figure out what’s best for my needs. I know I want quieter, faster from empty, faster recovery from 60 PSI- 180 PSI, and never a break down. Viair is great but they’re kind of loud and not the fastest.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting. Air Zenith is kind of the same these days. Their claims of CFM are way high compared to anyone else’s and some guys swear they’re the fastest in the market but there’s some who think they don’t last either. I can’t take a chance so I need reliability as well as speed. It’s hard to figure out what’s best for my needs. I know I want quieter, faster from empty, faster recovery from 60 PSI- 180 PSI, and never a break down. Viair is great but they’re kind of loud and not the fastest.

I'd bounce on that FLO offer, especially if it beats the AZ. Kinda sounds like it may be the ground floor of the next greatest thing in air ride compressors. Maybe Viair has outgrown themselves and sold out to some lesser-than outsourcing and some quality has been sacrificed?

Staggered 02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rocket man, rocket man.....

I just finished checking out your build thread. Very nice truck, great work, keep up the great work. Congrats. We have several commonalities, parallels, and I am a few days late in reading this thread in it's entirety. I was wondering about your plans for your wheels as I was reading through the thread and all of the work performed with the lights, front bumper, and other issues.

i have a 2011 CC. No bags for a few reasons mostly time and the issues that you have encountered. Nevertheless you have persevered and improved on a truck that had a better start than most. The truck clearly ended in good hands.

For the rear brake conversion, we took the drums off, pulled the rear axles, removed the backing plate and replaced it with one from a Safari van if I remember correctly. That allowed me to continue with the brake upgrade.

I lived and worked in the PNW for 8 years. I transferred back home to Fl just under 18 months ago. I don't miss the bee poop but not crazy about the love bugs and other bugs that splat my windshields whether I am in Louisiana (work assignment) or home in Fl. The CC is back home in Fl which I drive and work on when I am home for a few days.

i probably missed the pics or update but how did the accessory bracket and other items you pulled and worked on come out?

I have Intros on the truck that I have here in Louisiana and had to replace one of my fronts when I hit a pothole in Tacoma when I was living up there and most recently out here. So understand and can relate to the wait time, updates, and the final payment when ready. Did the wait for the Intros on the Escalade as well. Long wait but so worth it when you finally get them. Contemplating a set for the CC as soon as I am home long enough to double check measurements and provide info to them.

I"m still navigating through this site. I will be checking back on your thread.

Good stuff. Congrats and keep up the excellent work.

Resized 20150726_194555-1.jpg

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The FLO compressors list for $400 apiece; I used Messenger to hit up Mike Alexander, the founder of the company and after much discussion he said he could do the chrome ones for $200 each and black ones for $250 each. These are hard to come by right now. Since I hate chrome I asked him to sell me 2 black ones for the same price as the chrome ones. Done. Plus he gave me a discount on shipping which cost him $70 for 2 day and he charged me $46. They will be here Monday. I’ll update here when I get them.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
40B13A71-A70F-482D-BEB9-1FFAEC06D7E6.jpeg I did tell Mike that I would be sharing my experience with their products. I like their tanks too but they don’t make a 7 gallon one. Yet.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the way back from dinner tonight I hit the down switch on the rear instead of the front after turning. (I always raise the front a bit when turning at an intersection) Since I run only 40 psi in the rear it came down fast and I dragged ass a bit. It’s never been a problem but this time it caught the plastic bumper parts on the bottom and pulled the center section almost all the way off and popped the spare tire hoist cover off. That’s where my backup cam is since I have no spare tire mech. I’ve been wanting to redo the cam and install the same one I just put on the Denali anyway. I didn’t take pics with the bumper part messed up, I was kinda mad at myself and just fixed it, but one of the tabs is broken so I ordered a new part, plus the new cam. As for the hoist cover, I can’t find one. I’ll come up with something, it just needs something over the hoist hole, not the stupid tube thing with cover.

4AFED318-9E65-453F-A7DF-9103472846E6.jpeg

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
On the way back from dinner tonight I hit the down switch on the rear instead of the front after turning. (I always raise the front a bit when turning at an intersection) Since I run only 40 psi in the rear it came down fast and I dragged ass a bit. It’s never been a problem but this time it caught the plastic bumper parts on the bottom and pulled the center section almost all the way off and popped the spare tire hoist cover off. That’s where my backup cam is since I have no spare tire mech. I’ve been wanting to redo the cam and install the same one I just put on the Denali anyway. I didn’t take pics with the bumper part messed up, I was kinda mad at myself and just fixed it, but one of the tabs is broken so I ordered a new part, plus the new cam. As for the hoist cover, I can’t find one. I’ll come up with something, it just needs something over the hoist hole, not the stupid tube thing with cover.

View attachment 226698

I think I've got extra stupid tube things with covers if you want.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I've got extra stupid tube things with covers if you want.
Oh I want alright. But I think the pickup ones are different than the SUV ones. I can probably switch the whole thing I guess. Which do you have?
Edit: I just tried the one off my Denali and it fits. I’m just gonna order a new one, they’re cheap. Thanks though.

Last edited:

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Oh I want alright. But I think the pickup ones are different than the SUV ones. I can probably switch the whole thing I guess. Which do you have?
Edit: I just tried the one off my Denali and it fits. I’m just gonna order a new one, they’re cheap. Thanks though.

Did you get a new lock ring, too?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14