Rocket Man's 2008 Bagged CC Silverado Build AKA "THE MACHINE"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had to replace my wifes van windshield this week. My tinter did it fo $100, said normal price is about $150
That’s actually what I was expecting. I think he added another $50 just because he has more work than he needs.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I decided to give BT Dieselworks one more try. I sent an email with the subject of “WTF” and went into detail the fact it’s been 6 weeks, I have emailed back in the original order email from them with no reply, a phone call and message left with no reply, and another email in a separate chain with no reply. I mentioned the fact that I am documenting this in some forums in my build threads and there are potential customers watching. Guess what? I got a return email yesterday (Saturday) from Ben Tyler himself who said he hasn’t seen any emails from me, and asked if I bought the programming from White Audio Media. So again, it’s a WTF. I copied and pasted all my prior emails and the email from them with the order confirmation and am awaiting his response. It seems like you have to threaten these companies with a bad reputation in order to get service anymore. It’s getting bad out there imo.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got quoted $150 for the front 3 on the Jeep. More expensive than the guy I previously used but wasn't happy with my last experience with him which sucks because I was his first official customer back in the 90s but it is what it is.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
So I decided to give BT Dieselworks one more try. I sent an email with the subject of “WTF” and went into detail the fact it’s been 6 weeks, I have emailed back in the original order email from them with no reply, a phone call and message left with no reply, and another email in a separate chain with no reply. I mentioned the fact that I am documenting this in some forums in my build threads and there are potential customers watching. Guess what? I got a return email yesterday (Saturday) from Ben Tyler himself who said he hasn’t seen any emails from me, and asked if I bought the programming from White Audio Media. So again, it’s a WTF. I copied and pasted all my prior emails and the email from them with the order confirmation and am awaiting his response. It seems like you have to threaten these companies with a bad reputation in order to get service anymore. It’s getting bad out there imo.
You know what they say about the squeaky wheel...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Justin at Blackbear just emailed me and said 550 rpm is way too slow for that cam or even a stock cam when going in and out of idle so I guess 650 it is. I do get a nice chop and it even rocks the truck a bit. I just wasn’t able to get the exhaust to sound great without buying a MIG welder and doing it myself so I guess someday I’ll buy the welder and an inexpensive set of headers and make it work. I’m just not gonna be cutting on a set of ceramic coated Kooks. I have quite a bit more power especially in the higher rpm range, it scoots pretty good when the revs get up there. It will always be a dog down low ‘cause 4.8.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I think the price for the tint on the windshield depends on the product used and location.

The guy I use charges $195 for the Ceramic film on the windshield but it blocks 99% of uvA and uvB rays and like 60% of the heat.

Of course this is Florida and it is HOT so tint is popular and almost mandatory.

Bear77

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Leave it to Mark to get things rolling how they should! I bet they’ll get back to you faster!

Took some pics today at an abandoned K-Mart.
More. I’m not great at photography lol. I need a drone.

Not always about being a great photographer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bear77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got quoted $150 for the front 3 on the Jeep. More expensive than the guy I previously used but wasn't happy with my last experience with him which sucks because I was his first official customer back in the 90s but it is what it is.
Had to hurt...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk