Rocket Man's 2008 Bagged CC Silverado Build AKA "THE MACHINE"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I installed the Auto-Vox Cam 1 today to replace the one that I had installed in the spare tire hoist location. I put one of these on The Beast and am real happy with it so I wanted the same on this. Great mounting, awesome picture. The one I installed in the spare tire hoist never did work too good. There was a place to run the wire through the center bumper piece and I took the opportunity to tidy up the wiring behind the fender. It can't be seen except from underneath but I know it's there. My previous work left a lot to be desired and I have no proof it ever existed lol.

IMG_9336.JPG IMG_9337.JPG IMG_9338.JPG

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I installed the Auto-Vox Cam 1 today to replace the one that I had installed in the spare tire hoist location. I put one of these on The Beast and am real happy with it so I wanted the same on this. Great mounting, awesome picture. The one I installed in the spare tire hoist never did work too good. There was a place to run the wire through the center bumper piece and I took the opportunity to tidy up the wiring behind the fender. It can't be seen except from underneath but I know it's there. My previous work left a lot to be desired and I have no proof it ever existed lol.

View attachment 226827 View attachment 226828 View attachment 226829
Got a part number? I need this for my dually.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
got the cover today. Rear view cam re-mod complete. The idea of putting the cam in the spare tire access cover would have worked ok if I'd mounted it closer to the cover itself so the hole was smaller. But this one works better anyway, and looks better.

IMG_7651.JPG IMG_9359.JPG

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I started on the new comps this morning. First thing I found out is the mounts were different to the extent that I had to make extension brackets for the bottom mount because the plates the Viairs were mounted to were too short. The FLO's use 3 mounts with springs and rubber where the Viairs had 4 with just thin rubber. Mike Alaxander w/ FLO said these were prototype "Tri- mounts". The 1/4-20 bolts that were used on the Viairs were studs welded to the plates and were too short. The upper 2 were the correct center-to center though. The bottom 2 needed to be one, and it needed to be in the center and about 1 1/2" further down. I used coupling nuts to extend the upper 2 studs and made plates that utilized the bottom 2 studs to hold it in place and moved the hole down to where it needed to be. It worked out good. The spring mounts work great.

IMG_9378.JPG IMG_9381.JPG IMG_9374.JPG IMG_9375.JPG IMG_9376.JPG

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick