Rocket Man's 2008 Bagged CC Silverado Build AKA "THE MACHINE"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Airlift tested the manifold and said they found debris in the manifold that caused the leak. o_O ( I know what the leak was, my damn bag) They covered it and gave my $250 deposit back. Bad news...the replacement manifold seems to have an issue with the accelerometer. They said they’re pretty sensitive so if people are moving around inside it might trigger. I’m thinking it’s the new tune and cam. The truck definitely shakes a bit at idle now. The issues it causes is twofold but only affects these things if I set a minimum pressure for driving, which is a safety feature so you can’t air it out too low when moving that you damage your vehicle by dragging it. I set it to 50 psi which in all reality only works for the rear but the front would definitely be dragging by then. So if I set it for that and I have the preset low button set for completely aired out (0 psi) so I can air it out with a single button push, it goes to 50 psi, stops, and says low height reached because it thinks I’m still driving. Also, the rise-on-start won’t operate because it thinks I’m driving I guess. But if I set the minimum drive pressure to 0, everything works fine. All I know is I never had this problem before. They’re sending me another manifold to swap out, no charge. I have to say their customer service is great. If I still have the accelerometer issue I know what the problem is and will set it up accordingly.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Airlift tested the manifold and said they found debris in the manifold that caused the leak. o_O ( I know what the leak was, my damn bag) They covered it and gave my $250 deposit back. Bad news...the replacement manifold seems to have an issue with the accelerometer. They said they’re pretty sensitive so if people are moving around inside it might trigger. I’m thinking it’s the new tune and cam. The truck definitely shakes a bit at idle now. The issues it causes is twofold but only affects these things if I set a minimum pressure for driving, which is a safety feature so you can’t air it out too low when moving that you damage your vehicle by dragging it. I set it to 50 psi which in all reality only works for the rear but the front would definitely be dragging by then. So if I set it for that and I have the preset low button set for completely aired out (0 psi) so I can air it out with a single button push, it goes to 50 psi, stops, and says low height reached because it thinks I’m still driving. Also, the rise-on-start won’t operate because it thinks I’m driving I guess. But if I set the minimum drive pressure to 0, everything works fine. All I know is I never had this problem before. They’re sending me another manifold to swap out, no charge. I have to say their customer service is great. If I still have the accelerometer issue I know what the problem is and will set it up accordingly.

Maybe this is a silly question but could you isolate it by mounting it with some rubber grommets to dampen the vibrations or something along those lines?

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I called for a quote to tint the windshield yesterday but my guy is booked for the next 2 weeks and wants $200. Anybody have any idea if that’s Covid pricing or is about right? Seems high to me.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I called for a quote to tint the windshield yesterday but my guy is booked for the next 2 weeks and wants $200. Anybody have any idea if that’s Covid pricing or is about right? Seems high to me.
That sounds like “I’ve got enough work and don’t wanna do a windshield “ price to me. I can have a full vehicle done for that price!!

Robslost

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any update on the btdieselworks front? I was about to pull the trigger myself until I seen your previous post about it.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any update on the btdieselworks front? I was about to pull the trigger myself until I seen your previous post about it.
Haven’t heard a word from them. They never charged me and haven’t responded to emails. I’m not sure wtf is up with them. Maybe they got too busy like a lot of other companies right now and just got overwhelmed.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that price is seems really high for just the windshield.
i got my whole suburban done for 300. that was clear for windshield, 5% for brow, legal on doors, & 5% for all rest.

could it be just pricing on west coast?

eta:
maybe he is charging more b/c he's just doing the windshield...rather than whole vehicle as a package

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that price is seems really high for just the windshield.
i got my whole suburban done for 300. that was clear for windshield, 5% for brow, legal on doors, & 5% for all rest.

could it be just pricing on west coast?
You have to take into account everybody is busy because of Covid but a Portland is expensive. I think my front doors were like $100 a couple years ago but I think he’s so busy now that he’s just upping his prices. I’ll probably just wait. I don’t trust anyone else.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Had to replace my wifes van windshield this week. My tinter did it fo $100, said normal price is about $150

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman