Rocket Man's 2008 Bagged CC Silverado Build AKA "THE MACHINE"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
40AE57C1-F639-4A53-8E51-DEEEAA83C82B.jpeg I was driving this little fella around the other day and all 4 tpms monitors quit working at the same time and the “services tire pressure monitor system” message popped up. Today I went to the hassle of setting up the compressor so I could reach all 4 tires, put carpet pieces at each wheel to kneel on, and tried relearning the sensors. No luck. I tried 3 times, twice with the Tech2. Never even got the driver front to learn. Then I thought maybe it’s a fuse so I checked them all. Nope. But then I remembered I had bought a cheap relearn tool which I thought didn’t work because back awhile ago when I bought it, I couldn’t get it to work. (At that time raising/lowering the pressure worked but those were different sensors) When I put the new billets on I bought new ACDelco sensors and the tire shop set them up so that when I brought the wheels home and mounted them, they just worked. Until they didn’t. Anyway, I tried the tool on these sensors and it worked. Weird.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 225368 I was driving this little fella around the other day and all 4 tpms monitors quit working at the same time and the “services tire pressure monitor system” message popped up. Today I went to the hassle of setting up the compressor so I could reach all 4 tires, put carpet pieces at each wheel to kneel on, and tried relearning the sensors. No luck. I tried 3 times, twice with the Tech2. Never even got the driver front to learn. Then I thought maybe it’s a fuse so I checked them all. Nope. But then I remembered I had bought a cheap relearn tool which I thought didn’t work because back awhile ago when I bought it, I couldn’t get it to work. (At that time raising/lowering the pressure worked but those were different sensors) When I put the new billets on I bought new ACDelco sensors and the tire shop set them up so that when I brought the wheels home and mounted them, they just worked. Until they didn’t. Anyway, I tried the tool on these sensors and it worked. Weird.
Love my tpms tool... works like a charm every time.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
About a week ago I got a text from the PO about the old intros. He said he bought a truck and needed something but didn’t have a lot of cash so he offered me $2k plus shipping. I turned him down but started thinking about it. I got a couple quotes to remove scratches where the RR hit the fender lip plus there were a few other things they needed and the cheapest total to restore them was $500. I figured on $3-3.5k if they were perfect but they are a specialty set made for a bagged GM with weird backspace specs. The thought of trying to find a buyer after spending $500 on them didn’t appeal to me so yesterday I took him up on the offer. Zelle helped make the money transfer easy and today I shipped them. $2k with no hassle is ok with me.

9C6B4501-A975-475E-8524-E90E2BDF2A94.jpeg

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been wanting to upgrade my comps and have been looking at Viair's newest and biggest, Air Zenith, and a newcomer into the bagged world, FLO Airride. FLO was founded by some guys who have been building bagged vehicles forever and decided to start making their own stuff. It's top of the line, higher efficiency than Viair's newest 485's, quieter, double the warranty, faster recovery time. I just got a hookup on them for less than Viair. AZ's seem to have spotty longevity reviews but they're the fastest of them all. I'm leaning towards the FLO. They have had amazing reviews from everyone who has been able to get them as they keep selling out. And yes, mine will be black.

FLO-BCS-1_1024x1024.jpg

62353466_1059208847608195_8726749211845984256_o.jpg

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks almost as nice as airbagit.com's compressors

Yes, I had to Google to see if airbagit was even still around.

aps,650x642,small,transparent-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks almost as nice as airbagit.com's compressors

Yes, I had to Google to see if airbagit was even still around.

aps,650x642,small,transparent-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg
I don’t know what’s up with them. Most of their bigger comps show as out of stock and they never get any mentions in the bagged circles that I visit. Can’t get detailed specs either, like CFM at pressure etc. They’re ugly , that’s for sure lmao.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckylec