Rocket Man's 2008 Bagged CC Silverado Build AKA "THE MACHINE"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My thoughts. But, what's Mark to do?

I don't quite understand it, though. If they possibly have a buyer for the "oops" wheels and can make Mark more, then why would the offset need to be "a bit less" than what they most recently agreed on? If they're making new wheels, they can make them to whatever offset. Or am I misunderstanding something?
I believe the issue is that he can’t change the original wheels but he can make new ones to a 3.25” backspace. Originally I tried to order 3” and they said they could come within 1/16 of that but instead they came at 2.75”. Then when they didn’t work for me they said that was as close to 3” they could get. Then the engineer said he could change them by up to 1/2” more so that would be 3.25. Now maybe not. There’s a raised area that’s about 1/2-3/4” wide where the valve stem goes that’s a “no-go zone” for where the center can be welded. The center has to go to either side of that or right in the middle of it so there’s certain backspace they can’t do. Then I believe there’s also a certain amount of material they can remove from the back of the hub and I believe the engineer was going to use that but I think I remember them saying some had already been removed during the original production and so that possibly messed up what the engineer had in mind to fix them. I’m not sure since the dude didn’t want to discuss specifics with me.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you already knew that was eventually gonna happen.
Actually I thought he could just machine the back of the hubs but I guess that would have been too much material removed, IDK. He seemed confident the first time I talked to him but he was also a bit arrogant, like I didn’t have a clue.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually I thought he could just machine the back of the hubs but I guess that would have been too much material removed, IDK. He seemed confident the first time I talked to him but he was also a bit arrogant, like I didn’t have a clue.

Sounds like the Intro Engineer was challenging you to a duel.

551cf5030c956.jpg

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today 2 other guys also named Mark made my day. One was an insurance agent. I have been unhappy with my Allstate agent for years so I contacted another one , a Mark, with an office close to me. He looked over my policies and said he just saved me $400 on my current 6 month renewal without changing coverages. Awesome. And Ive been trying to get information on a weekly cruise-in/ car show/ bike show/ drag race event at Portland International Raceway that I used to go to with my custom Harley bagger, to see if The Machine would be acceptable to show. They have several car groups but pretty much everything has to be pre-1974. I was unaware they had a group called “tricked out trucks”. They’re only allowed every other week though, as I found out from the man that runs the event, also a Mark. But he sent me this email after I sent him pictures:

Mark,

That definitely fits the definition of tricked out trucks…. Cool ride! We allow those in every other week starting June 5th.

However, that is a truck I would allow in every night…. But you may need my help. I’m sure most of the people I have at the gate would understand the spirit of the show and let it right in, but some may take it literal based on what we have in print.

So, let me know if you are planning on coming a night that isn’t specified Tricked out Trucks.

Thanks, Mark

So it looks like I have a place to show off The Machine every Wednesday. Beeches Cruise-In.
https://portlandraceway.com/?/events/upcoming_events/cruisein

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today 2 other guys also named Mark made my day. One was an insurance agent. I have been unhappy with my Allstate agent for years so I contacted another one , a Mark, with an office close to me. He looked over my policies and said he just saved me $400 on my current 6 month renewal without changing coverages. Awesome. And Ive been trying to get information on a weekly cruise-in/ car show/ bike show/ drag race event at Portland International Raceway that I used to go to with my custom Harley bagger, to see if The Machine would be acceptable to show. They have several car groups but pretty much everything has to be pre-1974. I was unaware they had a group called “tricked out trucks”. They’re only allowed every other week though, as I found out from the man that runs the event, also a Mark. But he sent me this email after I sent him pictures:

Mark,

That definitely fits the definition of tricked out trucks…. Cool ride! We allow those in every other week starting June 5th.

However, that is a truck I would allow in every night…. But you may need my help. I’m sure most of the people I have at the gate would understand the spirit of the show and let it right in, but some may take it literal based on what we have in print.

So, let me know if you are planning on coming a night that isn’t specified Tricked out Trucks.

Thanks, Mark

So it looks like I have a place to show off The Machine every Wednesday. Beeches Cruise-In.
Nice... good stuff

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Mark,

Thanks, Mark

What a reMARKable day!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9