Rocket Man's 2008 Bagged CC Silverado Build AKA "THE MACHINE"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Me too, I wonder if they can do something different than a sport mode.
I mean, The Beast doesn’t have a sport mode but engaging tow/haul does change the way it shifts enough that it might as well be sport, it revs higher before shifting and downshifts sooner so with my blower it’s pretty damn sporty!

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I mean, The Beast doesn’t have a sport mode but engaging tow/haul does change the way it shifts enough that it might as well be sport, it revs higher before shifting and downshifts sooner so with my blower it’s pretty damn sporty!
I already use tow haul mode alot just for the improved drivability.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was reading the “ what did you do to your NBS today” thread and the discussion of the Fleece all-on module came up and it was mentioned there’s a version for the NNBS so I looked into it, and then remembered why I didn’t really like their modules. I have Morimoto XB LED fogs with the Morimoto bi-xenon projector retrofits (which open the HID shutter and turn the other bright bulb on when the high beam switch is turned on) and am running LED high beams and I want the fogs to come on when the headlights come on which the Fleece modules don’t do, the fogs only come on with high beams. So...in the tech section is a thread on adding a jumper between the low beam and fog light relay. So I added it and turned the lights on to see if it worked. The driver side had low AND high beams on, along with the fog. Passenger side worked fine. And when I hit high beam, the ds didn’t change at all. Shit. I figured I had caused the problem when I added the jumper- either messed up the BCM or a relay in the fuse box or one of the Moromoto relays. So I pulled things apart and started troubleshooting. During this process my ds high beam LED quit working so I was using a halogen bulb to troubleshoot. I tried swapping relays in the fuse box, in the harness, disconnecting the battery hoping to reset the BCM, hooked up the Tech2 and went through all the menus looking for something. Nothing. Then I looked at the vehicle harness that goes between the truck and headlight/ HID ballast. There’s a split jumper that connects both the high beam shutter and the high beam bulb. It’s supposed to connect to the high beam connector on the harness, and the other headlight connector on the harness connects to the ballast for low beam. What if.... shit. I had the splitter connected to the low beam side so when the low beams were on, the high beam was on too. And the shutter in the projector wasn’t working. I hung my head and ordered a new set of LED high beams. Stupid wiring. There’s so much of it for my headlights it’s confusing. I got my label maker out and labeled the wires. I’ll get everything back together before trying the mod again.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was reading the “ what did you do to your NBS today” thread and the discussion of the Fleece all-on module came up and it was mentioned there’s a version for the NNBS so I looked into it, and then remembered why I didn’t really like their modules. I have Morimoto XB LED fogs with the Morimoto bi-xenon projector retrofits (which open the HID shutter and turn the other bright bulb on when the high beam switch is turned on) and am running LED high beams and I want the fogs to come on when the headlights come on which the Fleece modules don’t do, the fogs only come on with high beams. So...in the tech section is a thread on adding a jumper between the low beam and fog light relay. So I added it and turned the lights on to see if it worked. The driver side had low AND high beams on, along with the fog. Passenger side worked fine. And when I hit high beam, the ds didn’t change at all. Shit. I figured I had caused the problem when I added the jumper- either messed up the BCM or a relay in the fuse box or one of the Moromoto relays. So I pulled things apart and started troubleshooting. During this process my ds high beam LED quit working so I was using a halogen bulb to troubleshoot. I tried swapping relays in the fuse box, in the harness, disconnecting the battery hoping to reset the BCM, hooked up the Tech2 and went through all the menus looking for something. Nothing. Then I looked at the vehicle harness that goes between the truck and headlight/ HID ballast. There’s a split jumper that connects both the high beam shutter and the high beam bulb. It’s supposed to connect to the high beam connector on the harness, and the other headlight connector on the harness connects to the ballast for low beam. What if.... shit. I had the splitter connected to the low beam side so when the low beams were on, the high beam was on too. And the shutter in the projector wasn’t working. I hung my head and ordered a new set of LED high beams. Stupid wiring. There’s so much of it for my headlights it’s confusing. I got my label maker out and labeled the wires. I’ll get everything back together before trying the mod again.
Damn. What a PITA. I still need to upgrade my heads to a retrofit, but I lack the skills or time to do it. My Fleece works for now anyway. I can still use the fogs independently, but do have the “all-on” with the high beam switch. [emoji106]

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The new LED high beams came in, I got everything working right and then did the full-time fog mod. Success! It already has the 4hi mod with the retrofits since the low beam stays on when you hit the highs by design, it just opens the shutter on the Morimoto projector and turns on the high beam in the reflector bowls which are the LED’s. Both my trucks look like UFO’s coming at you now with the markers being white LED and the turns being switchbacks. 0D35A4CB-DE7C-437B-89A7-3EE808931601.jpeg 36F652EF-F71D-4A96-A7DE-12000E62855F.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NPKennny

Latest posts