My big girl saved my life

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Alexquade

Alexquade

Reaction score
Thauber. Oh wow! Glad y’all are okay! I went to the dr today. Nothing broken. Just bruised and sore! I don’t have another pic of the passenger compartment, but it did amazingly well. Even the smash in the back, the third row passengers would’ve weathered well I believe. I chatted with gm and thanked for building this thing like they did. They didn’t stop, we didn’t collide, I did what I could to avoid an accident and wound up almost killing myself in the process. I have a dash cam, but it’s old and after sitting in the heat for a while it quits recording and you have to unplug it and plug it back in, it’s mounted behind my rear view mirror and I didn’t feel like messing with it that morning. Worked out perfectly, right? :mad: Swathdiver, it was the factory size falken wildpeak HT XL I believe. As far as parting out, the only thing that’s still good is some of the interior. Bad part about it, I have headers and solid motor mounts on it that we just put on. :( It was an SLT with the chrome package, I’d love to get another but I’m torn between getting another Yukon or a Sierra. Or just saving the money from that note and buying something out right. Thank y’all for the well wishes! I appreciate that!!!

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you're ok Alex. What kind of tires are on it and have you considered parting it out?

Injuries from this crash can manifest themselves many many months later, be careful.

Let us know if you want us to help you find another. Looked like an SLT, not sure of the year. Was that RWD?

So I think that makes 3 lost to crashes this year, all Yukons too!
that is why it's good to pay attention prevents most crashes

that is why i got the factory lowered version much more stable.

Last edited:

NoReverseYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad that you're OK.

Even though it goes against every instinct one might have in a situation like this, if it is another driver causing an accident like this, don't avoid it. Let it happen. At least that way he/she will not be able to continue on and get away.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thauber. Oh wow! Glad y’all are okay! I went to the dr today. Nothing broken. Just bruised and sore! I don’t have another pic of the passenger compartment, but it did amazingly well. Even the smash in the back, the third row passengers would’ve weathered well I believe. I chatted with gm and thanked for building this thing like they did. They didn’t stop, we didn’t collide, I did what I could to avoid an accident and wound up almost killing myself in the process. I have a dash cam, but it’s old and after sitting in the heat for a while it quits recording and you have to unplug it and plug it back in, it’s mounted behind my rear view mirror and I didn’t feel like messing with it that morning. Worked out perfectly, right? :mad: Swathdiver, it was the factory size falken wildpeak HT XL I believe. As far as parting out, the only thing that’s still good is some of the interior. Bad part about it, I have headers and solid motor mounts on it that we just put on. :( It was an SLT with the chrome package, I’d love to get another but I’m torn between getting another Yukon or a Sierra. Or just saving the money from that note and buying something out right. Thank y’all for the well wishes! I appreciate that!!!
the interior is mostly trash seats are not even salvageable (they get damaged in a wreak)

R3cord303

Posse In Effect
Reaction score

they don't call them SUVs for nothing..

cough ..
Suddenly Upside-down Vehicles

that is why i got the factory lowered version much more stable I have yet to flip it over lol no matter how hard i try..

But i did get her on 2 wheels before .. the two right wheels (small bump in the road did that while going 75mph)
Pics or it didn't happen

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad that you're OK.

Even though it goes against every instinct one might have in a situation like this, if it is another driver causing an accident like this, don't avoid it. Let it happen. At least that way he/she will not be able to continue on and get away.

I've avoided collisions thrice where I got busted up pretty good each time. Tried to follow that advice, makes sense in a way, but never able to do it when in the moment.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

they don't call them SUVs for nothing..

cough ..
Suddenly Upside-down Vehicles

that is why i got the factory lowered version much more stable I have yet to flip it over lol no matter how hard i try..

But i did get her on 2 wheels before .. the two right wheels (small bump in the road did that while going 75mph)

What happened to Alex wouldn't have mattered if he were in a Corvette or a lowered 'burban like Ken's.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What happened to Alex wouldn't have mattered if he were in a Corvette or a lowered 'burban like Ken's.
the higher up is more likely to flip over.. Perhaps the laws of physics cease to exist on your GMT ..? hehehe
:challenge:?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Incredible story. Sorry you/your Yukon fell victim to another Louisiana ******* driver. In my work van, I don't back down. When someone tries that swerving shit at me to try to scare me into slamming on my brakes so they can cut in front, I hold my ground and inch closer to them but being sure I stay 100% in my lane. On I-10, there are always witnesses because they are inches behind your bumper. I've had two separate collisions where some entitled, nose-in-the-air thugs have hit my front right fender because I called their bluff and won. My work van gets a new fender and bumper cover while their car requires major body work to the left rear quarter panel. Both times, after we made contact, I turned into them to try to P.I.T. maneuver them. But, since having to stay in my lane, I'm limited to how far I can push so they steer away and out of it. Of course, this peels off their rear bumper since it's hooked into my front bumper. Both instances were nearly identical scenario. I'm on Louisiana roads 1,200-1,500 miles a week and deal with so many ****** drivers that it doesn't phase me at all. The second collision (I feel that calling it an "accident" is dumbing it down, which is not warranted), I was on the phone (hands-free Bluetooth) with another tech. I interrupted him talking with a calm "hold on, I just got in a wreck.". As we were talking, I was watching the offender approach. Him weaving in and out of traffic, bullying people around caught my attention. He could've went to the far right lane to fly around the other car and I, but then he wouldn't get to cut me off, so he swerved left. As the other tech was telling me his story, I was making a mental note as to what he was saying so I could tell him where he left off after I was back on the road. The dude hit me, I turned at him to push as much as I could, lightly applied the brake to pull back on his bumper cover, hit my blinker and got over to the left shoulder. He never said a word to me or even looked at me after we were stopped cuz he knew he was 100% in the wrong.

Anyways... Any chance your Yukon went to a local salvage yard? I'd like to grab those headers. lol
I promise to maintain the utmost respect for the remains.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645