Oil Pressure Woes - Need Advice/Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The oil pressure sender is back there on the 5.7L LS1 thats in my 2002 Corvette :(. They fail on these cars too.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't realize they made so many relocating kits. I honestly might buy one next time something goes out haha.

this is off something factory that put the sensor down above the filter. some reason I thought it was a c5. maybe not.

Img_2024_01_28_22_28_37.jpeg

West 1

Reaction score
My question would be, have you verified your dash oil pressure gauge is working properly?

OP
OP
K

Kwing

Reaction score
My question would be, have you verified your dash oil pressure gauge is working properly?
Yeah.

It was a "true" reading, which is to say it was that stupid filter mesh clogging up in the port under the sender

I pulled the filter and just left it out, haven't had any issues since... except when it came time for smog and I realized without that filter that removing my AFM disabling dongle to get through the test would guarantee the AFM lifters would be ***** again, LOL.

So that was a FUn $500 investment in an HP Tuner to shut down the AFM once and for all, but no more oil pressure woes! LOL

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can mail the ecm off and have it disabled for 50$. only takes a few days to get it back from what I hear. or find someone else locally to you with hpt and pay them for the credits to disable it for you. that will before at least a 100$ thou.

West 1

Reaction score
I have disabled a couple of AFM units years back, there is a kit available to mechanically disable them out of a place in Texas, works fine. I found Suburbans could still give 18 mpg or more on flat ground with AFM disabled. Once the laws about smog checks tightened up I have gone to a factory stock repair, installed a new AFM manifold with new lifters and oil pressure sender on each rig I have fixed. When working properly the AFM does offer better mpg. I know, you have to be willing to pull the heads to do this work. I also pull the oil pan and replace the oil pressure relief valve that is near the oil filter and the Oring on the oil pick up tube. It is a lot of work but once done your engine is good for many more reliable miles and will pass smog in all 50 states and eliminates pesky oil pan leaks. The states are cracking down on modifications.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yoshi101