My big girl saved my life

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@iamdub thats awesome! That’s what I should’ve done but I was worried about injuring them or someone else. I’m not sure if they’re going to send it to a salvage yard or not. If they do, I’ll let you know. Drivetrain is good as far as I could see. Motor didn’t budge with the solid mounts and when@wjburken that’s crazy! Holy cow! So glad y’all made it out okay!! Sorry for the other people’s families. This is my third accident, and the worst. And with the other two I’m the same way, wondering what I could’ve done to avoid it and wondering why I didn’t. And thanks for sticking up like that. I appreciate that! I just didn’t want any one to get hurt as there was an 18 wheeler right there, also. @BG1988, I was paying attention actually. My phone was on my console charging for the rest of my day and my radio stays on XM10. I was just too concerned about the other guy getting hurt and almost killed myself in the process, but thanks for that. We also have a 2013 Subaru STI that I’m thankful I wasn’t in, as I know I wouldn’t have faired as well as I have in my Yukon. Now I’m torn. I want another Yukon as this thing is safe as hell, but I’m torn on getting an avalanche (another vehicle I’ve always wanted) or a Sierra Denali. Either way I want my next vehicle to have a sun roof. I just hope I can get financed as my current job situation isn’t the greatest and the finances aren’t great. My credit is good, but income isn’t, my boyfriends credit is shit, but his income is great. So I’m hoping to get him as a co signer. So if y’all know of a dealership that has an older Sierra denali or an avalanche with a sunroof that has amazing skills at working numbers to get approved, let me know. I’m somewhat willing to travel out of state. Don’t want to go across the country for a vehicle, but so far Louisiana doesn’t have what I want, or has it for an astronomical price.

thanks again for the well wishes guys! It makes me feel great to be part of this forum, and I hope I can stay even if I don’t get another SUV!

With how most everyone else on the road is inconsiderate, selfish, greedy and hateful, me looking out for their best interest is the least of my concerns. I'll happily "help" someone if they're doing the right thing such as signaling their intent, not bullying their way around, etc. I can't help but to believe that whoever pushed you off the road wasn't paying attention. They probably never bothered to look up from their phone to check their blind spot. Probably never noticed the carnage happening in their wake because they were preoccupied with "liking" a pic of someone's lunch.

Ok, rant over. What's done is done and the takeaway is that we should all appreciate that the initial and operating costs of these beasts is nothing when it means just surviving something as significant as this, let alone walking away from it. Hopefully that sore ankle doesn't affect your ability to heel-toe that STI. :driver:

Of course you can stay. We still let @BourbonNcigars hang around even though he traded his PPV for a Hyundai sedan... :p

Yes- please keep me in the loop about her whereabouts! Was she a 6.2? Mileage?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Not trying to be a badass. I'm just THAT desensitized to the third world driving style here. It's sad, actually, and is the single largest stresser of my job and a huge part of why we wanna get out of this state.
Try driving in Jersey! I think we get the overflow from NY, right @Galante lol. Driving a truck for a living sure doesn't improve my opinion of drivers as a whole tho.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With how most everyone else on the road is inconsiderate, selfish, greedy and hateful, me looking out for their best interest is the least of my concerns. I'll happily "help" someone if they're doing the right thing such as signaling their intent, not bullying their way around, etc. I can't help but to believe that whoever pushed you off the road wasn't paying attention. They probably never bothered to look up from their phone to check their blind spot. Probably never noticed the carnage happening in their wake because they were preoccupied with "liking" a pic of someone's lunch.

Ok, rant over. What's done is done and the takeaway is that we should all appreciate that the initial and operating costs of these beasts is nothing when it means just surviving something as significant as this, let alone walking away from it. Hopefully that sore ankle doesn't affect your ability to heel-toe that STI. :driver:

Of course you can stay. We still let @BourbonNcigars hang around even though he traded his PPV for a Hyundai sedan... :p

Yes- please keep me in the loop about her whereabouts! Was she a 6.2? Mileage?

Love this post lol...

VDV18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whoa man, good to hear you came out of it unscathed for the most part. Sure could've been worse.......

Tonka44

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
A dash cam video of this would have gone viral.
Glad you are ok.
It would.

I'd be especially interested in seeing what he meant by getting run out of his lane. Often people over react/over correct and run themselves off the road and into bigger trouble rather than letting the person merging without looking/whatever run into their side while trying to keep it straight and slowing down. With no other vehicle visible in any of the photos I wonder if OP just saw somebody coming over and drove himself off the road

Glad that you're OK.

Even though it goes against every instinct one might have in a situation like this, if it is another driver causing an accident like this, don't avoid it. Let it happen. At least that way he/she will not be able to continue on and get away.

In other words, this. Don't drive yourself into a barrier of off the road and flipping all over the place because somebody is merging towards you Unless it's a big rig or opposite direction vehicle or something obviously then GTFO the way

Cusomano

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Awful pictures of your ride, but glad you're OK. Even with the problems some of these vehicles have, no one builds them better for situations like this. Please don't wait to have your shoulder checked out as it could be a sign of a more serious problem. Take care

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts