My big girl saved my life

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Incredible story. Sorry you/your Yukon fell victim to another Louisiana ******* driver. In my work van, I don't back down. When someone tries that swerving shit at me to try to scare me into slamming on my brakes so they can cut in front, I hold my ground and inch closer to them but being sure I stay 100% in my lane. On I-10, there are always witnesses because they are inches behind your bumper. I've had two separate collisions where some entitled, nose-in-the-air thugs have hit my front right fender because I called their bluff and won. My work van gets a new fender and bumper cover while their car requires major body work to the left rear quarter panel. Both times, after we made contact, I turned into them to try to P.I.T. maneuver them. But, since having to stay in my lane, I'm limited to how far I can push so they steer away and out of it. Of course, this peels off their rear bumper since it's hooked into my front bumper. Both instances were nearly identical scenario. I'm on Louisiana roads 1,200-1,500 miles a week and deal with so many ****** drivers that it doesn't phase me at all. The second collision (I feel that calling it an "accident" is dumbing it down, which is not warranted), I was on the phone (hands-free Bluetooth) with another tech. I interrupted him talking with a calm "hold on, I just got in a wreck.". As we were talking, I was watching the offender approach. Him weaving in and out of traffic, bullying people around caught my attention. He could've went to the far right lane to fly around the other car and I, but then he wouldn't get to cut me off, so he swerved left. As the other tech was telling me his story, I was making a mental note as to what he was saying so I could tell him where he left off after I was back on the road. The dude hit me, I turned at him to push as much as I could, lightly applied the brake to pull back on his bumper cover, hit my blinker and got over to the left shoulder. He never said a word to me or even looked at me after we were stopped cuz he knew he was 100% in the wrong.

Anyways... Any chance your Yukon went to a local salvage yard? I'd like to grab those headers. lol
I promise to maintain the utmost respect for the remains.
@iamdub you sir are a BADASS!! Love your style :waytogo:

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
that is why it's good to pay attention prevents most crashes

This is a rather asinine comment to make. Crap happens in an instant, even when you are paying attention and things can go south in a hurry.

I refrained from commenting until now because this hits a little too close to home for me, but your comment put me over the edge implying @Alexquade might have been negligent by maybe not being vigilant enough while he was driving.

My wife and I were in an accident back on Nov 24, 2001 at around 9:45am where I tried to avoid hitting a car that made a sudden move on I-80 which I am guessing is similar to what @Alexquade experienced.

I wasn’t so lucky. I ended up going through the median into oncoming traffic and getting spun sideways such that I was sliding sideways with the drivers door leading at approx 65 mph and was hit by a 1999 dodge intrepid going 65 mph in the opposite direction. I was in a 1999 Extended cab Silverado and my seatbelt broke due to the closing speed of 130 mph and I was launched out the drivers-side door window and ended up under the guard rail. Fortunately I survived with some serious bruising but no broken bones. The folks in the other vehicle weren’t so lucky as none of them were wearing their seatbelts. Passenger in the front seat died and a passenger in the backseat was paralyzed.

Shit happens even when you are paying attention. I hope you never experience it as I would not wish that on anyone. I live with that memory everyday rethinking if there was anything I could have done differently and after 18 years, I can’t think of anything.

Alex, I am very glad you were able to walk away from your accident. I hope you do not have any long lasting issues, physical or otherwise.

And since the rule here is pictures or it didn’t happen, here you go. This is one kind of headline you don’t want your name associated with.

EF515AB1-C7B9-4E16-8C68-F3502B1B4D08.jpeg

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
you made a mistake not hitting the car going in the same direction as you... that was the difference ...
those 1999 Silverado are terrible i was loaned one I could not even get it above 60mph with the peddle to the floor....it was a v6 on flat land the brakes barely worked on it too...

as you can see in the pic both are stoned

just like when i avoided the Stoned driver on the ca-110 that ran the stop sign I anticipated that the person was going to run it I checked my mirrors in advance..... my plan was to plow into him if there was cars next to me and it was clear so i was able to swerve around him I was going 50mph it was perfect precise movements that made the difference other wise i would have been t-***** and/or flipped for sure.. as i was going 50mph ......

it was on a curved part of the freeway so there was a chance i would have ended up in the north bound lanes assuming it would have rolled over.. i was to have gotten hit (tboned)

View attachment 231717 View attachment 231718

You can't seriously be saying that you can tell these men are stoned from your photo..... oh wait, I forgot.... you're you.

I would be looking at your stupid ass with the same level of flaberghastery at what you deemed to be perfect precise movements.

OP
OP
Alexquade

Alexquade

Reaction score
@iamdub thats awesome! That’s what I should’ve done but I was worried about injuring them or someone else. I’m not sure if they’re going to send it to a salvage yard or not. If they do, I’ll let you know. Drivetrain is good as far as I could see. Motor didn’t budge with the solid mounts and when@wjburken that’s crazy! Holy cow! So glad y’all made it out okay!! Sorry for the other people’s families. This is my third accident, and the worst. And with the other two I’m the same way, wondering what I could’ve done to avoid it and wondering why I didn’t. And thanks for sticking up like that. I appreciate that! I just didn’t want any one to get hurt as there was an 18 wheeler right there, also. @BG1988, I was paying attention actually. My phone was on my console charging for the rest of my day and my radio stays on XM10. I was just too concerned about the other guy getting hurt and almost killed myself in the process, but thanks for that. We also have a 2013 Subaru STI that I’m thankful I wasn’t in, as I know I wouldn’t have faired as well as I have in my Yukon. Now I’m torn. I want another Yukon as this thing is safe as hell, but I’m torn on getting an avalanche (another vehicle I’ve always wanted) or a Sierra Denali. Either way I want my next vehicle to have a sun roof. I just hope I can get financed as my current job situation isn’t the greatest and the finances aren’t great. My credit is good, but income isn’t, my boyfriends credit is shit, but his income is great. So I’m hoping to get him as a co signer. So if y’all know of a dealership that has an older Sierra denali or an avalanche with a sunroof that has amazing skills at working numbers to get approved, let me know. I’m somewhat willing to travel out of state. Don’t want to go across the country for a vehicle, but so far Louisiana doesn’t have what I want, or has it for an astronomical price.

thanks again for the well wishes guys! It makes me feel great to be part of this forum, and I hope I can stay even if I don’t get another SUV!

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of the guys here put his on its back, totaled, his family was ok, he had some injuries from the moonroof glass besides hanging upside down in it. Tom got t-***** earlier this year and his kids were banged up, ran out and bought another, just longer.

Thank the Lord and thank GM for building such a machine to protect our loved ones!

May the good lord protect GM, right @cardude2000 ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Alexquade

Alexquade

Reaction score
The only injuries I have are the terrible pain in my left shoulder and neck, and bruises on my collar bone, thighs, and left ankle. Bruises on my collar bone from the seat belt, on my thighs from hitting the steering wheel I’m assuming and left ankle from hitting the brake pedal.

76918010-33E0-4347-949E-10C75C4C5DED.jpeg BA131A77-561D-4DD0-B333-C238D6AD72AF.jpeg 765B0EE9-0A4A-4814-8374-D15FABD0FE1A.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt