My big girl saved my life

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, glad you walked away. These trucks really are strong and safe. Thank you for posting all those pictures. Did you happen to take a second interior shot, but facing the rear?

The right side back pillar looks fatigued, understandably so due to the multiple rolls. It looks like if there were passengers in the 3rd row right, the would have survived, or at least not been hurt from the roof collapse. Would you agree? The part of the roof that’s pushed down looks more like it’s over the cargo area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you're ok Alex. What kind of tires are on it and have you considered parting it out?

Injuries from this crash can manifest themselves many many months later, be careful.

Let us know if you want us to help you find another. Looked like an SLT, not sure of the year. Was that RWD?

So I think that makes 3 lost to crashes this year, all Yukons too!

Thauber

Reaction score
This morning on my way to work, someone ran me out my lane and into the interstate median where I began to slide sideways, I then crossed over the lanes I was in and I don’t know what happened after because I shut my eyes and let it go. We went surveyed the scene and it shows that I went air born and slid on the nose I’m thinking bc there’s just one mark, then flipped, went back to the nose and hit a tree with the rear end then flipped again. I climbed out and stayed until the wrecker. I have some bruising from the seatbelt, some scratches from the glass, and a terribly aching shoulder which I will be seeing about tomorrow. But my big girl did amazing and saved my life. May she Rest In Pieces.

View attachment 231632 View attachment 231633 View attachment 231634 View attachment 231635 View attachment 231636

Glad you are okay, that looked like quite a ride. I just had to replace my Yukon XL because someone in an F150 ran into the back end at 60-65 while I was at a stop. Certainly not the devastation you and your truck encountered, but I feel your pain and pride.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you are okay, that looked like quite a ride. I just had to replace my Yukon XL because someone in an F150 ran into the back end at 60-65 while I was at a stop. Certainly not the devastation you and your truck encountered, but I feel your pain and pride.

So then 4 of them this year on here now? No Tahoes or Suburbans or Eskys... weird.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
People are hunting yukons I guess...

Glad the OP is ok... thats one hell of a ride....

One of the guys here put his on its back, totaled, his family was ok, he had some injuries from the moonroof glass besides hanging upside down in it. Tom got t-***** earlier this year and his kids were banged up, ran out and bought another, just longer.

Thank the Lord and thank GM for building such a machine to protect our loved ones!

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Thank God you're ok. Looks like the passenger(people)compartment held up incredibly well. I need to start wearing my seatbelt again!! I bet when you turn the key she'll start right up too.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, are you ok? That’s a helluva impact too. Did you suffer any injuries?

Thauber

Reaction score
Wow, are you ok? That’s a helluva impact too. Did you suffer any injuries?
No injuries, I walked away just fine. Not even a bruise. I had no idea how bad the accident was until I got out and saw the damage. The driver that hit me had more than a few broken bones, but they survived it.

State Patrol asked if I needed a wrecker, I told him "hell no, her ass end can take a beating and keep right on going".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts