Mikeyss Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been thinking about that.... Like bring him a 6L90's 6 pinion input planet, and have all the sonex goodies put in as well. I *think* the Tahoe could make it there... Most of the issues I'm having are 1-2 shift is soft, sometimes hard, it flares....2-3 flares quite a bit, 3-4 is very lazy and soft. I usually don't get to 6th because of city driving and 6th is locked out till after 55mph or so in my tune.
Can we fit the 6-pinion planet from the 6L90 in the 6L80?

So the issues you are having, do you think it is the hard parts or the TECHM/Valve Body?

OP
OP
mikeyss

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can we fit the 6-pinion planet from the 6L90 in the 6L80?

So the issues you are having, do you think it is the hard parts or the TECHM/Valve Body?
I have seen the 6 pinion upgrade once through Google, and another one on YouTube. The rear planet is the one that won't interchange, it is much bigger. I don't suspect the techm at this point, because the fluid is still sort of red, but you can see the metal in it when wiping the dipstick tube off. I'm at around 185K and the trans is original, and it's been taking 100 extra horsepower for over a year. She's cranky, lol

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a thing..

View attachment 375210
I traded the 06 Sierra Denali in for this!! It has 42k on it and is something I've always wanted. Now that I have this, I can give the Tahoe a MUCH needed break, because the trans is on its last leg. It's playing shifting roulette these days!!
GT or GXP?

I tried to get my hands on one like 6 years ago but the payments were too high for my liking.. ended up getting a sierra and never got a chance to revisit the g8s.. good luck and enjoy

OP
OP
mikeyss

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GT or GXP?

I tried to get my hands on one like 6 years ago but the payments were too high for my liking.. ended up getting a sierra and never got a chance to revisit the g8s.. good luck and enjoy
GT, and the 6.0 feels nice in it. With so low miles, I'm going to leave it alone except for deleting dod

OP
OP
mikeyss

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally had to replace the starter in the Tahoe. I had a hard time finding one that is new, but Summit had one. I don't have pics, but I have videos of before and after. I gotta put them on youtube first so that I can share them here. The new starter sounds a little different than the old one, but I guess that's to be expected.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I finally had to replace the starter in the Tahoe. I had a hard time finding one that is new, but Summit had one. I don't have pics, but I have videos of before and after. I gotta put them on youtube first so that I can share them here. The new starter sounds a little different than the old one, but I guess that's to be expected.

Thanks for taking the time to make those, look forward to watching.