iPod integration Review: iSimple aka PXAMG (GM5) for the 03+

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Eagle

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, Apple and/or PAC Audio didn't test iOS 4 on this prior to release. The PXAMG, when connected to *any* device running iOS4, now continuously produces the dreaded "accessory not supported" error until it's disconnected.

So... don't update to OS4 until a fix is found/released. Apparently PAC will 'fix' it for $35. I assume it is esither a cable replacement or a firmware update for the PXAMG. Will UPDATE WHEN I FIND OUT MORE

Fyrcaptain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have both an "older" model PXAMG and the newest version (different case). The instructions in the newer version has some explicit instructions about installation (which I followed to a tee.
Hook up cable to ipod ant then to gateway. Doors closed, key in acc position, set radio to FM, turn radio off, turn key off, open drivers door. interface harness hooks to radio first, then factory harness, then gateway LAST. Turn key to acc position and DO NOT TOUCH for 3 minutes, then operate.

It sounds like the problems you encountered were from those dang 'lectrical gremlins...

jmyler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, Apple and/or PAC Audio didn't test iOS 4 on this prior to release. The PXAMG, when connected to *any* device running iOS4, now continuously produces the dreaded "accessory not supported" error until it's disconnected.

So... don't update to OS4 until a fix is found/released. Apparently PAC will 'fix' it for $35. I assume it is esither a cable replacement or a firmware update for the PXAMG. Will UPDATE WHEN I FIND OUT MORE

Crap my dock connector on my old iPhone was shot whilst i waited for the new iPhone to come out. Now it won't work with the new iPhone! Oh well i'll be patient i'm sure a fix will be around soon. How do you guys update the PAC? IS there a cable to do so?

OP
OP
Eagle

Eagle

Supporting Member
Reaction score
read the first post,

you have to disassemble it and replace a circuit board inside, then flash it to current firmware.

the parts to do so are backordered BTW.

jmyler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sucks! Wonder if anyone in the jailbreak community can remedy this with an iPhone app. That would be much easier.

OP
OP
Eagle

Eagle

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed... :) but then it would only work for your phone. You can probably expect apple to integrate this accessory verification in upcoming ipods as well though, just like they did with the new charging scheme.

OP
OP
Eagle

Eagle

Supporting Member
Reaction score
yep... since she also has a Nano she uses for music.

We're trying to keep things nice. :)

When she gets the chip for the PXAMG I'll install it for her and tell you guys how it goes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz