iPod integration Review: iSimple aka PXAMG (GM5) for the 03+

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Eagle

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no, ipods work fine.
we both have a nano and an iphone.

jmyler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh cool. i might see if i can't find a cheap 160gb and leave i in the console then. Thought about doing that in the first place.

OP
OP
Eagle

Eagle

Supporting Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: 8/9/10
I have read that the newest batch of PXAMGs now include the IOS4 jumper board factory installed. If you are looking to purchase an Ipod solution, this is IMO the best device on the market.
I only wish it had scrolling text.

If yours is more than a month or two old...

Unfortunately, the without the ios4 authentication board, a PXAMG connected to *any* device running iOS4, continuously produces the dreaded "accessory not supported" error until it's disconnected.

So... don't update to OS4 until the fix is procured.
You have to purchase an authentication jumper from PAC
Info:
http://pac-audio.com/productDetails.aspx?ProductId=276&CategoryID=36
Jumper:
http://www.pac-audio.com/productDetails.aspx?ProductId=1003&CategoryID=22
Install video
[yt]9uo_YNlrfW4[/yt]

jmyler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all this info eagle i really appreciate it.

OP
OP
Eagle

Eagle

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all this info eagle i really appreciate it.

No problem, man. Just trying to give back in my own small way.

Last edited by a moderator:

zaksgsr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you for posting this information. Since Apple changes their iPhone format on what seems like a yearly basis we have to update the product all the time. If anyone else has this problem please contact AAMP of America at:

http://aampofamerica.com/web/contact-customer-service.asp or via phone at:

1.800.477.2267 x285

Also check out the operation videos (iPod, iPhone, Bluetooth, HD Radio, Sirius, etc...) for GM vehicles at
youtube.com/peripheralelectronic

mech5700

Reaction score
i use an ipod touch.

just to clarify, when hooked up to the pxamg with ipod, you cannot access the music library on the ipod itself, it can only be controlled thru the radio?

also, when navigating thru menu's to change artists or songs, the current track continues playing until the new track is selected, correct?

reason why i'm wondering this is because i installed a usa spec pa15-gm. it works great, but when scrolling thru artists or albums thru the radio, it begins to play the first song in the folder. like if i'm scrolling from As I Lay Dying to Metallica, it starts to play the first track in the Bad Company folder, CCR folder, Dethklok folder, etc etc until I stop turning the wheel when I get to where I want to be.

BUT, what i think is better, is that I can switch to "direct" mode and navigate thru the ipod's menu itself which is much quicker than going thru the head unit.

i think that both unts, pxamg and pa15-gm do just about the same thing, but both have their annoyances...

if the pxamg allows access to the ipod's library on the ipod it self while connected, i think i'm gonna switch to the pxamg. that way i can have better interface thru radio and be able to use the ipod menu itself.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10