Gruven heater core T-connectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Does this effect the gmt800's also?

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon XL Denali
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just an update on me trying to stay "OEM" or as close as possible to it. I ordered two heater hose connectors, 800-413 white and 800-414 black with the dorman name and surprise! "MADE IN CHINA" stamped on the box . Yea i just cant bring myself to install this absolute "knockoff china crap" on my vehicle. They are really thin wall construction and have a brittle feel to the plastic. Ill also be very apprehensive of buying anything else with the dorman logo, And accept that dorman is not an original equipment manufacturer. My goal is to completely replace the cooling system to include the pump, hoses, radiator, coolant in one task so im just gathering the parts. I also spent $11.99 on 5/8" Metal Coolant Tee Fittings Heater Hose Connectors - ONE PAIR from ebay. They are simply some type of a metal alloy casting and im also reluctant to hinge my entire cooling system restoration on two unknown type metal "cheap" T fittings. Ill admit it "Im Cheap!" and $120 for the gruven product would be much easier to accept if i could just buy it and have them in my garage in a week. The reason i purchased the "cheap" T's is im also apprenhensive of having 10 clamps supporting the gruven design and thought id go the cheap route as long as im using clamps anyway? im still on the fence!
most of the dorman stuff is pretty good for the price

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just looking for an experienced opinion, Would you use the Dorman heater hose connector's and am i being to critical?
for that particular part I would replace it with oem, or.....if money was a issue buy one of the adapters so you can just cut the heater hose and clamp it on. most of the dorman stuff is good not all of it :)

thompsoj22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
california native "REPUBLICAN" high desert
Bump, so i ordered the oem connectors 15055342/343 $45 and will compare to the dorman 800-413/414 $32 when they get here. Add the experimental 5/8 metal T's for $12 and im just about $90 into simply making a decision? i am starting to see the sense of the gruven product especially coming with the precut front/rear core adapter hoses and clamps.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Dorman connectors are definitely known to fail, more so than OEM.

But good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjhorst14