Gruven heater core T-connectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Looked at that improved heater core T-connector, brought my attention to the rubber hose connection issue.

How does the "T" connect to front and rear heater Aluminum tubings, which have NO barbs; also the "T" connect has NO barb on its end toward hose from engine.

None of them have barbs per say but they do have a rib on the end of the aluminum tubing that the plastic piece in the QD clips over.

The new T-connectors will come with short pieces of silicone hose to go between the fittings and the tubing and clamps.

thompsoj22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
california native "REPUBLICAN" high desert
just an update on me trying to stay "OEM" or as close as possible to it. I ordered two heater hose connectors, 800-413 white and 800-414 black with the dorman name and surprise! "MADE IN CHINA" stamped on the box . Yea i just cant bring myself to install this absolute "knockoff china crap" on my vehicle. They are really thin wall construction and have a brittle feel to the plastic. Ill also be very apprehensive of buying anything else with the dorman logo, And accept that dorman is not an original equipment manufacturer. My goal is to completely replace the cooling system to include the pump, hoses, radiator, coolant in one task so im just gathering the parts. I also spent $11.99 on 5/8" Metal Coolant Tee Fittings Heater Hose Connectors - ONE PAIR from ebay. They are simply some type of a metal alloy casting and im also reluctant to hinge my entire cooling system restoration on two unknown type metal "cheap" T fittings. Ill admit it "Im Cheap!" and $120 for the gruven product would be much easier to accept if i could just buy it and have them in my garage in a week. The reason i purchased the "cheap" T's is im also apprenhensive of having 10 clamps supporting the gruven design and thought id go the cheap route as long as im using clamps anyway? im still on the fence!

Last edited:

jz57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM on-line dealers sell "OEM" plastic "T" connect (GM #: 15055343) for $20, but the item could be made in USA, Canada, Mexico, China, ....

just an update on me trying to stay "OEM" or as close as possible to it. I ordered two heater hose connectors, 800-413 white and 800-414 black with the dorman name and surprise! "MADE IN CHINA" stamped on the box . Yea i just cant bring myself to install this absolute "knockoff china crap" on my vehicle. They are really thin wall construction and have a brittle feel to the plastic. Ill also be very apprehensive of buying anything else with the dorman logo, And accept that dorman is not an original equipment manufacturer. My goal is to completely replace the cooling system to include the pump, hoses, radiator, coolant in one task so im just gathering the parts. I also spent $11.99 on 5/8" Metal Coolant Tee Fittings Heater Hose Connectors - ONE PAIR from ebay. They are simply some type of a metal alloy casting and im also reluctant to hinge my entire cooling system restoration on two unknown type metal "cheap" T fittings. Ill admit it "Im Cheap!" and $120 for the gruven product would be much easier to accept if i could just buy it and have them in my garage in a week. The reason i purchased the "cheap" T's is im also apprenhensive of having 10 clamps supporting the gruven design and thought id go the cheap route as long as im using clamps anyway? im still on the fence!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz