First time Tahoe owner, I'm excited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NewHoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all, today I purchased a 2005 Tahoe LT in that patented blue to green technology color. One owner, 113k, starts and runs solid, very few issues identified so far... I will be turning here for advice as I finish bringing her back to her original glory

I don't have many pics yet, today has been hectic. Some major flaking away of the paint on the driver's side of hood and top of front driver's quarter panel. Does anyone know of small amounts of wrap (not full car)received_1890345641301788.jpegIMG20230112122510.jpg that blend well with these color vehicles?

03X2

Reaction score
Hello all, today I purchased a 2005 Tahoe LT in that patented blue to green technology color. One owner, 113k, starts and runs solid, very few issues identified so far... I will be turning here for advice as I finish bringing her back to her original glory

I don't have many pics yet, today has been hectic. Some major flaking away of the paint on the driver's side of hood and top of front driver's quarter panel. Does anyone know of small amounts of wrap (not full car)View attachment 389452View attachment 389453 that blend well with these color vehicles?
Congratulations on your adventure!

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Always have liked that color. Friend of mine has an LS in the same color and year. More pics please and especially of your paint concerns. So many things you can do to these NBS rigs. Might want to post some vehicle info in your signature for future reference.

Hoesgottaeat2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome from NY! 5.3?

Take a good close look at the hood/fender/door gaps on the driver side to see if they've been replaced in the past. That flaking localized to just that area may be an indicator of a collision repair at one time. Or someone spilled some good ole' dot 3 on her in the past lol.

Nice rig and thanks for joining us! Glad to have you!

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami&NYC!

It is next to impossible to find a one owner well maintained vehicle like the one you found. Nice find!!

Don't forget to check out the 2000-2006 section.

OP
OP
NewHoe

NewHoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It looks like I'll be spending most of my time in the 00-06 forum, but while I have so many people (and can still ask for forgiveness for not searching the topic) is my generation of parts inclusive of:

00-06 Tahoe, Suburban, Yukon, Escalade?

I saw someone local selling their factory taillights for 99-03 Tahoe and wondered their fitment on my 05? To me, it sounds as if his dates are off...

I guess my question is what shares parts with an 05 Tahoe LT? Pics, signature, etc coming soon... Thanks all for the kind welcome. Chevy guys aren't at all what Ford guys say they are

OP
OP
NewHoe

NewHoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Per Carfax:

1GNEK13TX5J155***
5.3 V8 F
RWD W/ 4×4

The 3 electronic drivetrain buttons on the dash appear to be:

[Burn the **** out]