First time Tahoe owner, I'm excited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

Regarding your warm welcome, that is who we are in this Forum. A**Holes and social media kings/queens do not last long here. This is a serious and 'want to help you' Forum. Don't get me wrong, we do joke around here with each other, but all in good natured fun for members who know each other from our common experiences in this Forum.

Hoesgottaeat2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you're looking to buy those tail lights you mentioned, one look at them will tell you if they'll work or not. '99 & '00 was a bit of a lengthy transition for the change in body styles. Some models hung on longer than others before the switch. If it looks like the same tail light, then it is. It will be obvious to you when you see a picture of the lens before you buy it.
If it doesn't have amber in the lens, then it is NOT the correct one for your 2005. The shape difference will help tell them apart as well.

YukonRog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats and welcome! Nice rig! What does the "only right turns" mean? And "4LO"? Does that mean no 4LO? Do a search for auto wrap film on the old interweb and you may get lucky on a match. And yes, your Oil Sender is most likely shot. Very common on those. Looking forward to seeing more. Lots of experienced folks here.

OP
OP
NewHoe

NewHoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Congrats and welcome! Nice rig! What does the "only right turns" mean? And "4LO"? Does that mean no 4LO? Do a search for auto wrap film on the old interweb and you may get lucky on a match. And yes, your Oil Sender is most likely shot. Very common on those. Looking forward to seeing more. Lots of experienced folks here.
The top most button is traction control, the button below that has a power train diagram with front wheels aimed right... This is where I'm confused. Is my vehicle only 4 high and 4 low?

The final button is 4 with a down arrow. Beefy. My previous vehicle was an '02 Envoy XL i4.2 4x4, did not drive near as well as this one does ❤️

GoNoGo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Per Carfax:

1GNEK13TX5J155***
5.3 V8 F
RWD W/ 4×4

The 3 electronic drivetrain buttons on the dash appear to be:

[Burn the **** out]
[Only right turns]
[4lo]
CarFax is fairly accurate so I'd wager yours is normally 2wd with selectable 4wd. Your bottom button is 4wd LOW for deep sand, snow or off-road. Maybe post a photo of that button cluster ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts