Koala's 05 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Racks look good on the truck man! That esky third looks so smooth! Nice score on that man! When you redo pain on the end caps, let them dry and then after they’re good and dry, give them a light wetsand with 2000 grit sandpaper. It’ll smooth them over and britghen up the color! I have the esky racks, rear pillar covers, and the esky third light and I love the look! It ties together very well! Looks really good in the white on your truck!

OP
OP
KookyKoala

KookyKoala

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Racks look good on the truck man! That esky third looks so smooth! Nice score on that man! When you redo pain on the end caps, let them dry and then after they’re good and dry, give them a light wetsand with 2000 grit sandpaper. It’ll smooth them over and britghen up the color! I have the esky racks, rear pillar covers, and the esky third light and I love the look! It ties together very well! Looks really good in the white on your truck!

Thanks, will try when i redo my end caps, you are 100% right, the body lines didn't quite match from the vent caps and the glass from the Tahoe, however once i added the rear glass and third break-light it fixed that strange body line issue because the 3rd break-light plastic piece lines up with the esky vent caps. Man i am super excited, to have that done and on the truck. I guess next up will be door handles lift-gate handle, or the grill haven't decided yet i can't paint up here temp has dropped to low i maybe able to rig up a paint booth at the shop.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, will try when i redo my end caps, you are 100% right, the body lines didn't quite match from the vent caps and the glass from the Tahoe, however once i added the rear glass and third break-light it fixed that strange body line issue because the 3rd break-light plastic piece lines up with the esky vent caps. Man i am super excited, to have that done and on the truck. I guess next up will be door handles lift-gate handle, or the grill haven't decided yet i can't paint up here temp has dropped to low i maybe able to rig up a paint booth at the shop.
Yeah it’s weird how that ever so slight curve in the pillar caps is apparent without the esky third light. And then you notice it lines up with the light. Paint up that bumper cap! It’ll look smooth painted to match white!

OP
OP
KookyKoala

KookyKoala

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha they will probably stay black until next spring when it warms up. Painting probably be done for season, am gonna see If I can hunt down clean white handles for it, and correct size spare lol, as it gets colder I am gonna probably try and get back into getting car computer system set up for the truck and stereo cleaned up.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
KookyKoala

KookyKoala

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know another shocker i was really happy to find out i didn't need to get it fixed or do it myself.

Today I got my anti-sway bar end links changed had them ordered just got around to bolting on the truck went with Moog K700539 Stabilizer Bar Link Kit. My old ones were not the worst in the world but rubber was cracking badly and needed changed.

20181006_115331.jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I know another shocker i was really happy to find out i didn't need to get it fixed or do it myself.

Today I got my anti-sway bar end links changed had them ordered just got around to bolting on the truck went with Moog K700539 Stabilizer Bar Link Kit. My old ones were not the worst in the world but rubber was cracking badly and needed changed.

View attachment 208810
Notice a difference yet?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaliRoyal