Koala's 05 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rack and wheels look good.

Time to do some more color matching. Lol.

Door handles, mirror caps, bumper cap...:)

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks :) so did you repaint the black ones or buy paintable OE ones?

At the time I bought replacement handles and disassembled them to ensure all over coverage. The replacements had a plastic pin to hold the handle together that seemed to be a one time use only.

I should have just used my handles to color match, but there was a gap in time to get them back and I didn’t want to be without handles.

The OEM handle IIRC (there may be pics way back in my build thread) had a pin that could be taken out and replaced and not have to be destroyed like the replacement handles.

The spring in the handle was a little stubborn and I made sure to take pictures to orientate the spring correctly.

73impala

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my truck I had the OEM ones smoothed and painted. Painter didn't take them apart but they turned out well.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks :) so did you repaint the black ones or buy paintable OE ones?
My buddy that owns a body shop had me buy paint to match ones because the black ones have texture and don't look well when painted and cleared. That's what the ones on my Silvy were, and they didn't match the body well. The PTM are super smooth so they're glossy when painted.

OP
OP
KookyKoala

KookyKoala

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright so it seems to be 50/50 i am gonna go junk yard diving this weekend ill see if maybe i can get lucky and find a white z71 i can strip handles from, or pickup printable OE handles. Theres a junk yard close that has the back glass and tail light. then on to more painting

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Alright so it seems to be 50/50 i am gonna go junk yard diving this weekend ill see if maybe i can get lucky and find a white z71 i can strip handles from, or pickup printable OE handles. Theres a junk yard close that has the back glass and tail light. then on to more painting
You'll be surprised that more handles are painted than black for our trucks. Pickups were mainly textured black, hard to find Silverado or sierra with oem painted handles. You can use a set off a Denali, esky, tahoe lt, z71 of course

OP
OP
KookyKoala

KookyKoala

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright haha, so the handles will end up being another day however i did score the back glass, the whole assembly i was looking for and think i have tracked down a 2500hd hood :)

20180929_130228.jpg

I guess i need to get painting again lol, even though i may not be able to unless weather warms up.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright haha, so the handles will end up being another day however i did score the back glass, the whole assembly i was looking for and think i have tracked down a 2500hd hood :)

View attachment 208285

I guess i need to get painting again lol, even though i may not be able to unless weather warms up.

Winning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleeeper