6.2 swap thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
L

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same setup as my 5.3. It's dual fan, oil cooler and trans cooler. It's running cooler after the overflow cap, but still seems higher than it should be in 45 degree weather. Seems to just be at idle though, so maybe it's normal. Cruising is 205-210.

Idle will get up to 215-220, but comes right back down when moving.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
One thing I am not liking is my coolant temps seem too high with the replacement mishimoto.

I am consistently 208-216 and it's only 45-50 degrees outside. Fans even kick on periodically.

My radiator cap was bad (it literally fell apart) and I just replaced that, so maybe some air got in there. Also when I did the water pump, I got the professional not the OEM replacement AC/Delco.

Any suggestions?

Edit
Wow looking at the reviews of the professional pump version, lot of 1 stars. I think I will replace it with the OEM for peace of mind since I am going on a road trip soon.

https://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-252-...uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

Drive the nose up on to ramps, pop the cap, turn the heat on and let it run for a bit. With the nose up it should burp out the air bubbles and air pockets pretty quick.

My truck runs between 197-201* regardless of the ambient air temp.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I have the same setup as my 5.3. It's dual fan, oil cooler and trans cooler. It's running cooler after the overflow cap, but still seems higher than it should be in 45 degree weather. Seems to just be at idle though, so maybe it's normal. Cruising is 205-210.

Idle will get up to 215-220, but comes right back down when moving.

Drive the nose up on to ramps, pop the cap, turn the heat on and let it run for a bit. With the nose up it should burp out the air bubbles and air pockets pretty quick.

My truck runs between 197-201* regardless of the ambient air temp.

Are these temperatures based on the gauge on the dash or via OBD2 readings?

My truck runs 192°-194° consistently no matter the outside temperature.

@1BADI5 is correct though. Get the nose up in the air, the higher the better. Back it down into a ditch or whatever it takes.

OP
OP
L

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So it peaked at 217 just now waiting for my son to get out of school.

Low fan kicked on and it easily got back down to about 195 and didn't go higher than 205 from then. Seems erratic.

OP
OP
L

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took a 0-60 video and it came out terrible because of sun glare. If anyone has interest in seeing, I'll upload it. I'd take another one, but I always feel weird about stopping in the middle of a road to do a blast lol.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I timed this at 5.3 seconds. It is short shifting 1st a bit, I am losing about 400 RPMS. I raised my shift point and will do another test if I can. I know the LSXCalade guy got 5.6 0-60 stock stall with headers and stock cam, so this sounds about right. Be cool to hit 5.1 with a longer first gear and E85.

Here was his old video before he made his Escalade 2000 hp

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's funny how your brain plays tricks on you. I could have sworn the 5.3 "felt" about as fast from a 2nd gear roll.

At the end of this video with the old setup, I do a little blip and it's crawling lol. It's not even close to the same.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn

Latest posts