2007 Tahoe 5.3l AFM DOD delete thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a clip of what my Tech 2 says the MAP says on my engine at idle and as I crack the throttle.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a chance to watch my MAP numbers on my ODB iPhone Ap while running errands. The idle pressure jumps quite a bit as soon as you drop it into gear, so load makes a very big difference, as opposed to sitting and idling.

I suspect the lowest idle vacuum you might see would be engine idling backing down a driveway (essentially the lowest engine load), other than when you crack the throttle open and things haven't caught up yet, but in that case, you also aren't using the brake.

ShootinHeavies

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Here is a clip of what my Tech 2 says the MAP says on my engine at idle and as I crack the throttle.

This is close to the same we were seeing in the snap on unit, and through the gauge. Under power and above idle the brakes work as normal, but the pedal shudders and brakes are softish backing up. Been talking withe the shop and they are going to go through the tune, and I am purchasing the tuning software to have, but it doesnt seem that the reading we are getting are all that far off from this video.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is close to the same we were seeing in the snap on unit, and through the gauge. Under power and above idle the brakes work as normal, but the pedal shudders and brakes are softish backing up. Been talking withe the shop and they are going to go through the tune, and I am purchasing the tuning software to have, but it doesnt seem that the reading we are getting are all that far off from this video.

The one I posted was just sitting in my garage at idle. I suspect if you were backing down a driveway, at idle, it would be even lower. It really changes under load and in deceleration coming completely off the throttle but the engine under load (engine braking). so it would jive that you are seeing worst case backing down a driveway.