6.2 swap thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah likely some of that too. But the noise is significantly less with the GM lifters. I have a little noise but its the normal cammed/headered LS engine noise on cold start now.
I remember when you were doing this build because I used a set of Morel 6504’s in my build the second time also. In my case they were quiet until the cheap-ass lifter trays I used struck again. The third and final time I went in with Chevrolet Performance lifters as well (and genuine GM trays), and have 30K miles on the build now with no further issues, thankfully.

On the Roloc wheels, I bought one and tried it out on some scrap aluminum I had, and it did damage, so I went with the Permatex chemical gasket stripper. Reading your posts now I’m glad I did!

OP
OP
L

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here I will show you the reasons not to use a roloc disc ever on aluminum mating surfaces. I did use it successfully for my stainless steel header flanges though. You can hear the cold start tapping very clearly too. It is not nearly as bad now.

OP
OP
L

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am putting on green cats today, I have had them for 3 years lol. Finally time to install them. Which means the resonator is coming off too since I needed to use a different corsa pipe to connect the Y pipe to the muffler. I only had the resonator because my ex wife hated noise, now I don't give a shit! The rumble with the corsa touring with headers is incredible, it sounds better than even my corvette.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia