What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always get them confused unless I go look it up..... lol
I recomend a shotgun approach, just bend over once and be done with it.
and use OEM
and oddly enough it's always this time of year when the weather changes that they crap out
just like batteries
That's exactly what I'm doing. Cry once buy once OEM because i hate doing shizz twice

Last edited:

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you want to go that deep but make sure you have your fuel, maf and ve dialed in first, they are both part of the cylinder airmass calculation. so they can actually change the point on the timing table that the values are pulled from. so fuel changes can change the timing you're running. it's very weird, but just how gm did these newer os's
Nope! Just saw some changes in tune, figure it's usually an update or tweak. :p

Grady_Wilson

Reaction score

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well huh.. I guess I got a bad charcoal canister from rock auto. put the old one back on a while ago, just checked today and it passed its test.

Screenshot_20240416-170102.png

guess I'm testing how you warranty stuff from ra for the first time and 6 months after I got it lol.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ha.. so it's been so long I had forgotten it looks like I got it on one of their closeouts for cheaper. I didn't realize, not that it would have mattered because I wouldn't have expected a acdelco to be bad anyways, but there's no manufacturers warranty on it.

that's my luck lol. fixing stuff that isn't broken, score what I thought was a good deal. end up replacing extra parts troubleshooting with it. then in the end put the original parts back on, out like 200$ and still worried it's going to throw charcoal into the system at some point.

haha, gotta laugh.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
ha.. so it's been so long I had forgotten it looks like I got it on one of their closeouts for cheaper. I didn't realize, not that it would have mattered because I wouldn't have expected a acdelco to be bad anyways, but there's no manufacturers warranty on it.

that's my luck lol. fixing stuff that isn't broken, score what I thought was a good deal. end up replacing extra parts troubleshooting with it. then in the end put the original parts back on, out like 200$ and still worried it's going to throw charcoal into the system at some point.

haha, gotta laugh.

You'd think there would be a good place in those canisters to install some kind of screen so the charcoal can't escape, no matter what.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'd think there would be a good place in those canisters to install some kind of screen so the charcoal can't escape, no matter what.

that would be nice.. I did shake the old one while it was out and could hear it in there. the new one I couldn't hear anything. makes me wonder how long it will last.

when I looked up the part number, this new one was what replaced the old number. but the manufacturer name was totally different. I'm still a bit baffled at what could leak on a new sealed box, no cracks or anything. I've never had one apart. so maybe a chamber inside?

since I have it. maybe I'll cut it open at some point and see what's in there.

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well huh.. I guess I got a bad charcoal canister from rock auto. put the old one back on a while ago, just checked today and it passed its test.

View attachment 426230

guess I'm testing how you warranty stuff from ra for the first time and 6 months after I got it lol.
acdelco? The one I ordered says GM genuine on Rockauto. I wonder what the difference is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aye_rod