What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Derick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you mean “again”? We’re they replaced before and if so what brand did you go with? I just replaced the ones on my 08 with ARP so I’ll never have to worry.
I had an exhaust shop replace the gaskets and manifolds in late 2018. I spoke with the owners son last week because I spent good money on a bad repair. He said he was unfamiliar with the hardware that was installed, but that he was also out for a period in late 2018. He said he would generally remember the job, but the hardware that was installed is not what he uses day to day...so he knew it wasnt him. We came to an agreement to split the costs of the re-repair. I'm going to buy the ARP bolts too, along with a remflex gasket set so this isn't a problem again.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had an exhaust shop replace the gaskets and manifolds in late 2018. I spoke with the owners son last week because I spent good money on a bad repair. He said he was unfamiliar with the hardware that was installed, but that he was also out for a period in late 2018. He said he would generally remember the job, but the hardware that was installed is not what he uses day to day...so he knew it wasnt him. We came to an agreement to split the costs of the re-repair. I'm going to buy the ARP bolts too, along with a remflex gasket set so this isn't a problem again.
So he’s fixing it for free, and you’re buying the bolts? Hope so. They should certainly have lasted longer than 2 years!

Derick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So he’s fixing it for free, and you’re buying the bolts? Hope so. They should certainly have lasted longer than 2 years!
Not free, but cheaper than retail. They offer a 1 year warranty, and I acknowledge they could tell me to pound sand, but I think it's a fair deal.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not free, but cheaper than retail. They offer a 1 year warranty, and I acknowledge they could tell me to pound sand, but I think it's a fair deal.
I have to say I wouldn’t be going back there in the future. I can understand one year warranty but when they install a part that failed with another part that they can’t even tell you what quality or part number it is and it failed 2 years later they should do the labor for free just as a goodwill gesture. Every shop (and every owner) knows these bolts are known failures and so they should be making sure they install the best quality bolts available.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to say I wouldn’t be going back there in the future. I can understand one year warranty but when they install a part that failed with another part that they can’t even tell you what quality or part number it is and it failed 2 years later they should do the labor for free just as a goodwill gesture. Every shop (and every owner) knows these bolts are known failures and so they should be making sure they install the best quality bolts available.
Agree. I’d expect them to stand behind their work better than that. That’s BS. $0.02

Reaction score
Finally did the foglight mod with the diode @Rocket Man sent me.

I couldn't have picked a hotter day to do it, it's about 95* here, and when I first pulled into the garage after getting home from work about 1pm, it was 105* in the garage.... Lol

After turning on the gable and ceiling fan and opening the windows it got down to 95* in the garage.

@Doubeleive The foglights DO come on with the DRL I found out after pulling it out of the garage to test in the sunlight. Not sure if I really like them basically being on all the time, even in the daytime.

The diode did get warm, especially when the high beams were on. I took some temps with my IR temp gun. With vehicle off, diode temp was 100-105*. With vehicle running and low beams/foglights on, diode temp went up to about 120*. With highbeams/foglights on, diode temp got up to 140*.

I only had the highbeams on for a few minutes. Not sure if the temp would continue to rise if I left them on longer.

904e3866379e844b3341af9bb73c06d4.jpg
fc4a62a09f434b063ebb96662d1e52f0.jpg
dccb007d16f71660ef08d51e44ed62ba.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Derick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I certainly don't disagree. I don't intend on doing much business with them. I found another shop that helped with the transmissions hard shifting and I trust them. They however want 400+ to re-fix the headers and do the extraction/s and this muffler place wants 200-250... So less is better but I don't intend on returning.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The hoses and pumps are the most common issue or the tank can crack also but not as common
if you do not have bose then it could be a short in the radio or check the wiring I have read the rear speaker wires are often cut-off on the ppv's and people have to splice them back together to even get them to work.

Gotcha, thanks. I'll have to try to get under there tomorrow to check it out.
Weird thing is, my stereo worked fine for years. It just randomly started acting up. Started flickering once in a while, then it got to be more often now it may come on when I hit a big bump.
I need to find out where the connections are to see what's going on.

That looks goooood. What's the drop?
Where can you find transport wheels for a good deal?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe