What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ahunn

Reaction score
I replaced my Catalytic Converter with a Magnaflow. Part #49194. I also replaced all of the oxygen sensors with OE sensors.
Replaced AC compressor also. Going to replace condenser today and blow the lines out.
Tomorrow morning back to Meineke to get my steering rack looked at. My new rack that's only some months old is leaking. ugh

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
went by the local radiator shop that has been around since forever literally, had them take a look at the cold case and they said that spot where it is leaking is not repairable and that they could try some glue but that doesn't always work and they said you can pretty much mark your calendar at 13 months that these will be leaking and the mishimoto's. So I am going to call it a wash and put my 1 3/8" one back in and send this one back to summit. I have some long road trips planned and don't need the headache of a leaking radiator. If this was just a track car or something it wouldn't be a big deal the leak is pretty minor but it's the family hauler so...ppfftt

13UpInSmoke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
went by the local radiator shop that has been around since forever literally, had them take a look at the cold case and they said that spot where it is leaking is not repairable and that they could try some glue but that doesn't always work and they said you can pretty much mark your calendar at 13 months that these will be leaking and the mishimoto's. So I am going to call it a wash and put my 1 3/8" one back in and send this one back to summit. I have some long road trips planned and don't need the headache of a leaking radiator. If this was just a track car or something it wouldn't be a big deal the leak is pretty minor but it's the family hauler so...ppfftt
Sweet?!?! I just ordered a Mishimoto for the truck. Have one in the 300 thats been ok for the last year or so

Reaction score
Is this "dry rot" around the outside tread of my tires? All 4 tires look the same, it's only along the outer tread. The rest of the treads have life left, but the manufacture date of these tires are 2016.

We plan on taking a road trip next month. Was planning on getting new tires afterwards, but now seeing this, I might do it before hand. 20220603_143236.jpg

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this "dry rot" around the outside tread of my tires? All 4 tires look the same, it's only along the outer tread. The rest of the treads have life left, but the manufacture date of these tires are 2016.

We plan on taking a road trip next month. Was planning on getting new tires afterwards, but now seeing this, I might do it before hand. View attachment 371866
Yes, it is. And my date code early 2017 Dueler HL Alenza's on my 2007 look exactly the same. Driving on them to Nashville next week without a second thought. I worry more about sidewall dry rot than tread corner blocks.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Can anybody post a link to some good, easy to install, split loom tubing?

I was going to replace the ones that run along each side valve cover by the coil packs because mine are all brittle and breaking apart, but the loom I have is being a pain in the ass to put on. It must be old or cheap, or both.

I know it's been talked about on here before, but I'm being lazy right now and don't feel like searching, lol

Here's one I remembered from @Rocket Man

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re-secured the driver's side door trim on the 2007 over lunch this afternoon. They'd gradually loosened up over the past year until a carwash a few weeks ago finally pulled them almost completely off. Ordered 15' of .375" 3M VHB mounting tape from Amazon, cleaned up the old adhesive tape from the parts and the doors with a plastic scraper, prepped the surfaces with rubbing alcohol, applied the tape to the back of the trim pieces, and boom! Good for another 15 years.

1654288150745.png

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sweet?!?! I just ordered a Mishimoto for the truck. Have one in the 300 thats been ok for the last year or so
maybe it was just dumb luck but my old one was fine and don't need the headache, maybe I will let the order stand and try a 2nd one, in the meantime I will just put the old one back in.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
I have a cheap one of those in my vette (100% aluminum radiator), it has been good for a few years now.
I even over pressured the damn thing due to a headgasket issue.
(I took bad advice on a headgasket that DID in indeed need to have SS Orings in order to seal) :jester:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

We plan on taking a road trip next month. Was planning on getting new tires afterwards, but now seeing this, I might do it before hand. View attachment 371866
That's dry rot and those tires are old for Florida, no, ancient! If you have the bucks, don't chance it. Get some Michelin Defenders.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65