What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed new OEM seat foam on my driver side butt.
Surprised to see the new foam was a dark grey almost black.
I thought the seller pulled a fast one for a min, but my butt is very happy now. :beer:

Be sure to leave a review for the seller on how much pleasure they brought to your butt.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks fantastic. When I found out the SLC exhaust was NLA (for 6.2L) I thought about having a custom dual tip fabbed, and having it exit through the bumper like that. But instead of a bezel, I would make a cutout in the lower edge of the bumper and have the tips recessed halfway into it, if that makes sense. I did a quick search for a pic. But I couldn't find one, probably because this detail is out of style now. It was really popular with customs in the 1980's. But I REALLY wanna do it.

Pontic G8 GT passenger side tip on my S10 Xtreme:

750_zpsqkxlnoj6-jpg.jpg

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
went by the local radiator shop that has been around since forever literally, had them take a look at the cold case and they said that spot where it is leaking is not repairable and that they could try some glue but that doesn't always work and they said you can pretty much mark your calendar at 13 months that these will be leaking and the mishimoto's. So I am going to call it a wash and put my 1 3/8" one back in and send this one back to summit. I have some long road trips planned and don't need the headache of a leaking radiator. If this was just a track car or something it wouldn't be a big deal the leak is pretty minor but it's the family hauler so...ppfftt
My mishimoto just started leaking exactly where you described your cold case is leaking at. I'm pretty pissed at 14 months it's leaking and I'm not even saying what I paid for it .... I'm not sure what my next move is yet with mine

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
Pulled the valve covers and rockers.
Removed one of the .020 shims on each, replaced it with a .010 shim.

Reduced shimming from .040 to .030 overall.

Hopefully this resolves the last little bit of valve train noise.

I also saw the roller wear pattern on the valve stem is perfectly centered and tiny.

Meaning those compcam magnum rockers = @@$@@%!!

Good news is, they made me run shims.
That might just save me $120 since I don't need to buy longer pushrods!

And if you ever buy summit branded ls7 lifters, note two different types.
Run away from the ones that advertise "extra oiling".
Those apparently require a silly amount of preload.

But at the time, it was all I could get.
Everything else was on backorder.

Reaction score
Tom's böner for the QuickJack grows...
Now if only I didn't have to wait till the end of July to get it.

And I already had a "to do" list of things on all my vehicles to do with it.

I thought about changing my order to the standard length model, then buy the frame extenders for when I use it on the Yukon and Acadia, but those are like $250 and would have to be stored seperately

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My mishimoto just started leaking exactly where you described your cold case is leaking at. I'm pretty pissed at 14 months it's leaking and I'm not even saying what I paid for it .... I'm not sure what my next move is yet with mine
I went and bought coolant yesterday pulling it out this morning and putting my old one back in, we are going to be gone on the road for most of July I need this thing to be trouble free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robbrown415