What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A 2012 Escalade with 46K and 6.2 sounds very enticing. That being said, I would keep the LT Suburban and the lack of payment. At 123K, it’s just getting broken in. Out what you’d put towards a payment away and after a while you can step up a few more model years or have enough not to have a payment on the next one.

Yeah... after some soul searching... You guys hit the points that were in my head like a roofer hitting nails... 6.2 would be nice... but I got what I ultimately have wanted for the last 12 years since the 07 came out... Like the Tahoe-burb front end better anyways... Hell I could just 6.2 swap this old gal if the AFM eats itself and have the mail hauling machine I want. I have done all fluids except the coolant, was going to do that probably a water pump and thermostat when it gets cooler out just as preventive.

You guys are some of the reasons I like this place so much... Feel at home!

Guess I need to work on ditching this superchips tune and go ahead and do the BB.... Thinking a 2/4 may come before the end of year.... Spend some money on fun for once...

Thanks for all those who chimed on with good voices of reason... I know she is getting broken in... Actually rides better than that mag ride for sure.....

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah... after some soul searching... You guys hit the points that were in my head like a roofer hitting nails... 6.2 would be nice... but I got what I ultimately have wanted for the last 12 years since the 07 came out... Like the Tahoe-burb front end better anyways... Hell I could just 6.2 swap this old gal if the AFM eats itself and have the mail hauling machine I want. I have done all fluids except the coolant, was going to do that probably a water pump and thermostat when it gets cooler out just as preventive.

You guys are some of the reasons I like this place so much... Feel at home!

Guess I need to work on ditching this superchips tune and go ahead and do the BB.... Thinking a 2/4 may come before the end of year.... Spend some money on fun for once...

Thanks for all those who chimed on with good voices of reason... I know she is getting broken in... Actually rides better than that mag ride for sure.....
I kicked myself in the rear for years for not getting a 6.2, lol after some years of improvements on them I got one and the mileage I get works out to about the same as what I was getting on the 5.3 years ago about 10mpg, currently it's sitting at 8mpg though I can only assume from so many short trips around town.

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, new mod I must’ve missed... will have to try soon...ive done the vise grips under motorcycle trailer for a 3000 mile road trip then 2 years until i went under to fix something and found them mod...
Yea was more of an impulse mod after the wife slammed the door shut and then a thud of the window falling down. New regulator will be here Wednesday and the vise grip mod seems to be holding up just fine.

mtc1328

Reaction score
I ordered a set of Akebono brake pads from rockauto.com. They were only $2.00 cheaper than Amazon after adding shipping then applying the forum discount, but $20 -$50 cheaper than other online vendors for the same model numbers. Also good to use a supporting vendor.

I've had good results with Akebono pads on other vehicles, and others have posted positive results in this forum, so I am sure they will work just fine. I went with the ProAct Part numbers ACT1363 and ACT1194A. I didn't go with the Performance because I don't tow or haul often.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667