What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wolfbraid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finished up a nice labor day NC to DC round trip, averaged 17.5(18.9 on the way up) anyway it's not about the MPG.. but it's nice to know it's not 13.

Need rear brakes next, that's for this weekend, I imagine I can make the rest of the week of commute(8miles) on the backing plate ;)

Wolfbraid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I kicked myself in the rear for years for not getting a 6.2, lol after some years of improvements on them I got one and the mileage I get works out to about the same as what I was getting on the 5.3 years ago about 10mpg, currently it's sitting at 8mpg though I can only assume from so many short trips around town.
I think you should be able to muster better than that, unless there is a lot of idling

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ever notice the oval around the ford script. They circled their problem.

And Chevrolet dressed theirs up with a bow tie.

This reminds me of the words spoken by Nasser Abo Abdo, the former president of Audiobahn: "You can't polish a turd, but you can always chrome it!"

Reaction score
And Chevrolet dressed theirs up with a bow tie.

This reminds me of the words spoken by Nasser Abo Abdo, the former president of Audiobahn: "You can't polish a turd, but you can always chrome it!"
Actually, years ago Mythbusters did prove you can polish a turd

https://mythresults.com/end-with-a-bang

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you should be able to muster better than that, unless there is a lot of idling
it was on 10 for a long time then I reset it 3-4 months ago and now it just sits on 8, i'm going to pick up one of those infra red thermometers and check my cat temp's. I have a heavy foot but not driving any harder than I was a few months ago, truck runs great, just thirsty lol

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it was on 10 for a long time then I reset it 3-4 months ago and now it just sits on 8, i'm going to pick up one of those infra red thermometers and check my cat temp's. I have a heavy foot but not driving any harder than I was a few months ago, truck runs great, just thirsty lol
Crap I get 10 in The Beast with a supercharged, cammed 6.0 and a heavy ass foot. And I’m flying most of the time, Ill tell you.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

You aren't draggin' a stop sign, are you? ;)

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Would a failed VVT solenoid actuator cause this? I can’t recall right now which way the cam defaults too, but just a thought.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would a failed VVT solenoid actuator cause this? I can’t recall right now which way the cam defaults too, but just a thought.
no idea but no codes and I've checked everything basically, fuel trims are good, fuel pressure is good, no misfires, no leaks, nothing has changed but the mpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kootamcgrabbin24