What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rebuilding the rear diff, (8.6")

Seems that 14-19 inch pounds of pinion preload is what's documented, and there's a few articles showing 15-30.

I can't tell if that's a revised figure, or maybe pinion with carrier preload.

It's all back together and I had 18 inch pounds of pinion, and about 25-27 ish total of pinion and carrier with the 3.42 ratio so all should be in spec.
There are specs for a new preload and one for after seal replacement which is about 3-5 pound higher.

1692275724917.png

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
did you do them? or had them done? what was the cost?
I did not. Needed it done sooner than I could. Had the local dealer do passenger side lifters and an engine mount and total was $1800 for all of it.

UPDATE:

Got the vehicle back from Rotman's in Maquoketa, IA on Saturday. Final bill for passenger side lifters and associated consumables and gaskets, along with replacing the driver's side motor mount, taxes and shop supplies was just under $1800.00. That also included a free loaner car to use while it was in the shop.

Last edited:

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just asked for pics.

Pics he sent were of both spoilers, but they were covered in dust. He says the paint is great. I'm gonna have to go see them in person. I'll wash 'em off to get the real story on the paint. One has a chunk missing from the red lens and the other looks like it might have a star crack. At the least, they're candidates for the Eagle Eyes light conversion. I'll have to negotiate the price after seeing them personally.

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What did I do to my GMT900 today (well on Tuesday)... Got it towed away for a transmission rebuild. I missed the call from the shop today, but it seems the pump and torque converter are the cause of failure, but they didn't say where all the fluid was pouring out. I had a circle d converter in it, so I'm anxious to see what happened to it when I speak to them tomorrow. Estimate is looking like $7k plus, but this is considering the HD parts going back inside it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyetheguy93