What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pulled it in, put it up in the air, took out the block drain plug. I guess I'm officially doing water pump, hoses, T's and fresh fluid.

looked at how to pull the bottom radiator hose off without making all of the mess. cleaned up and walked back inside.. it's to hot for that mess tonight haha.

gm.. drain plug wtf haha.

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced intake manifold gaskets, and finally got that exhaust clamp in the driver's side. It looks like the oil pressure sensor was leaking oil, so I took it out cleaned all the surfaces, and retorqued to spec. Hopefully it seals and stays dry.

I removed the stupid plastic shield on the back of the intake manifold, so replacing the sensor should be easier if it comes to that.

The engine runs quieter, and I'm guessing the old intake manifold gaskets were leaking a little. They were wore out.

Was a bit of a mess.

6vAbQ1W.jpg
dYY58pF.jpg
RUjs6BM.jpg
L2b3ulC.jpg

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Replaced intake manifold gaskets, and finally got that exhaust clamp in the driver's side. It looks like the oil pressure sensor was leaking oil, so I took it out cleaned all the surfaces, and retorqued to spec. Hopefully it seals and stays dry.

I removed the stupid plastic shield on the back of the intake manifold, so replacing the sensor should be easier if it comes to that.

The engine runs quieter, and I'm guessing the old intake manifold gaskets were leaking a little. They were wore out.

Was a bit of a mess.

View attachment 406448
View attachment 406449
View attachment 406450
View attachment 406451
Didja have a squirrel nesting in there?

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see now why those firewall T's are such a pain.. at least on mine, gm put some kinda friction material over the aluminum lines running to the back, I'm guessing incase they rub on the tranny dip stick? but they push them all the way up under the release tabs. so you can't squeeze them. everything else came apart fine, till I got to that and ended up clipping the fittings. blah.

the oem hoses seem good quality, if it wasn't for these plastic things, I'd say there no reason to touch them. at 150k they look and feel like better quality than the new junk I'm putting on haha. oh well. got all apart, looks like I actually have everything but 3 spring clamps. I'll put it back together tomorrow.

I really need to ac my garage. this is ridiculous

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, is there a replacement VLOM (valley lifter oil manifold) gasket, or does the entire part need to be replaced?

I'm still in "oil leak investigation" mode, and figure since I just replaced the intake manifold gaskets, and had it all apart, I should think about replacing the other parts .... Now that it's all back together.

:rolleyes:

Reaction score

Was a bit of a mess.

View attachment 406448
View attachment 406449
View attachment 406450
View attachment 406451
Why is that plastic shield by the oil sensor there anyway? Does it unbolt or did you just cut it at the base?

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, is there a replacement VLOM (valley lifter oil manifold) gasket, or does the entire part need to be replaced?

I'm still in "oil leak investigation" mode, and figure since I just replaced the intake manifold gaskets, and had it all apart, I should think about replacing the other parts .... Now that it's all back together.

:rolleyes:
Yes…
5EE78758-618A-460B-BF90-69C0281140C3.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nortonte