What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IF you're ac smelled bad, it would be worth $125 I suppose!

On my old toy sequoia (bought used) when I looked in there, the middle of the core face had about a 6" circle of grimy fuzz and pet hair. Lots of 409 and brush work and paper towels wrapped around a long brush to mop it all up. Unfortunately it didn't make my A/C any colder.. Doubt the spray cleaner will be as good at removing the hard gunk compared to physically wiping it. The blower fan gets a little dusty/grimy as well.

honesty if i knew it would work. I'd probably just bit the bullet. I don't mind buying tools, but the spray stuff alone is 90$ for 4oz kinda crazy.

there is a whole tsb for this somewhere

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not try the $15 one? If it helps, maybe do it twice.

Or take it to a shop that does A/C work and have them clean it for her.

I looked at it when I changed the filter. it looks brand new, what I could see of it. it's the sealer part I was hoping would stop the smell but yeah. I might grab a can next time I'm in there. this state is very dusty, especially when summer drys everything out. I'll change it at some point.

I don't trust any shop I don't know the guy doing the work and I'm able to stand there while he's doing it.

down side of being a mechanic your whole life, I've been around to many shops and seen what happens in them. you can't even trust a tire shop to balance tires right these days. guys don't even know how to setup a balancer, have it set on static meant for a 4in trailer rim and just send it.

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, what started as a tiny crack almost 5 years ago (a chip that magically started in the very corner of the windshield) has finally decided to make its way above my line of sight to the end of the hood, I suppose I procrastinated replacing it long enough.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230514-154013~3.png
    Screenshot_20230514-154013~3.png
    518.8 KB · Views: 3
Reaction score
the wife drives it 99% of the time and dealing with the annoying smell for a few minutes is eaiser than doing body work haha.
Enable the "afterblow" function with a Tech2. It helps keep the evaporator dried out. It will kick the hvac blower fan on for a bit about 30 minutes after the vehicle is shut off

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Enable the "afterblow" function with a Tech2. It helps keep the evaporator dried out. It will kick the hvac blower fan on for a bit about 30 minutes after the vehicle is shut off

I had that on for a while, but since the water can't drain out, it didn't make a huge difference. and I had a issue where I was sitting in the back of truck to catch a nap at a rest stop and it kept coming on. like it came on it should have, ran for a bit and turned off few minutes later it came on again. after the 3rd or 4th time I got worried the battery might get weak. these hybrid ones are super picky about their 12v battery and I was a long way from home by myself. so I reached up with the key and cycled the ign switch, it shut off and didn't come back on again.

later on I pulled out the tech 2 and disabled it. I made a thread here asking about it, but no one seemed to have heard of it happening. plus who these days sits in their truck 30mins to see it happen lol. but as I read the operation, it's definitely not supposed to do that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar