What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna say it.

I'm too chicken to drive anything that big!!!

At least on public roads.. Nevermind backing up..
hell I would truck driving is in my blood but I have too much going on now, dam near all of my family has driven trucks, the rest are police, highway patrol & firemen
I just don't have the patience either I would figure out how to take the limiter off and drive that big o'l ***** 100mph lol
get the load there early then go fishing! :fishing1: about the only thing I do have patience for.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm with you. I've driven a 40 ft bus around for a bit and that wasn't fun. can't imagine hitting some of these random docks with no room.
I hear ya..... My 1st training for a semi was my crew chief for a team. He used to haul horses, and he had to be SMOOTH..... He taught me to back up, before anything else..... ( He trained me to.. how to "Walk a Trailer" back. Quite a skill.....
Backing up, when taught correctly... becomes easy when taught......
I had to jump into a class-A motorhome, just 50 miles, north of Laguna Seca raceway, for our driver to use ( Craig T Nelson)...... I swear.... I thought I was driving an office building !!
The mechanics of a motorhome is completely different than a semi !!

Attachments

• WM_Lime_Rock-1996-05-27-002.jpg
    WM_Lime_Rock-1996-05-27-002.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 2

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The wildest rig I hauled ,was the first time I hauled around the country in the Unlimited Hydroplane Series. ( 1980)...... We had a 34' custom made Seebold-built tunnelboat hull, powered by twin Keith Black Hemi's. trailered on a modified " mobilehome " trailer...... attached to a ball hitch... on a full-size Penske- rented box truck... Total length was 78 feet...... It took a football field area to make a turn !!

Attachments

• thumbnail_Aronow rear trailer.jpg
    thumbnail_Aronow rear trailer.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 20180105_081203.jpg
    20180105_081203.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 5
  • KIMG3412.JPG
    KIMG3412.JPG
    234.3 KB · Views: 3
Reaction score
I still get my medical every 2 years so I can keep it as an interstate CDL.

One bonus to keeping my CDL is I never have to worry about being flagged for being overweight when hauling one of my antique cars in an enclosed trailer.
My one car weighs 5,000lbs and then when you add in the enclosed trailer and the truck pulling it and you can be overweight for a regular Class C license in no time.
Is that a state limit on the class C and what is the weight limit?

We have a 26k lb or 15 passenger limit here in MO on a class C

Grady_Wilson

Reaction score
I had to jump into a class-A motorhome, just 50 miles, north of Laguna Seca raceway, for our driver to use ( Craig T Nelson)...... I swear.... I thought I was driving an office building !!
The mechanics of a motorhome is completely different than a semi !!
This is one reason it always amazed me there is no special license required for operating a Class A motorhome.
Just have your regular license and go from driving to your Honda Accord to legally driving a monster motorhome.
Makes zero sense.

All this certification talk, I guess it's time to let you all know that I'm forklift certified.
At one time I was a forklift trainer and certifier for the state.
But, I never trained on the little stand up ones used in warehouses.
Everything we had was from medium sized to really huge.

Grady_Wilson

Reaction score
Is that a state limit on the class C and what is the weight limit?

We have a 26k lb or 15 passenger limit here in MO on a class C
It varies from state to state.
I know guys that own antique cars that have been pulled over and weighed for hauling with a 1 ton dually and a very large enclosed trailer.
Some guys have huge trailers since they own multiple cars and they wanted to have a single trailer to haul whatever they owned.
Cars from the teens tend to be very tall, around 7 feet tall, so they needed a tall trailer along with one that could haul a late 20's or 30's car that weighs in around 5,000lbs or more.
There are only a handful of antique car guys that have a CDL so they have to worry about any weight issues, mainly because most folks stay fairly local and don't haul long distances to attend events.
The furthest I have hauled to attend an event was from So Cal to middle of Oregon for a national meet.
But, that was using an open, flatbed trailer so overall weight wasn't an issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bubba6

Latest posts