What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't know the kw5 option was tossed around like a salad, previous reserch never revealed that :emotions122:

It's rampant now. You'll see a listing mentioning "KW5" and "220A", but in the pics, the part number on the alt is one of a few different 170A ones. They seem to be copying and pasting the same description mentioning "ID 13534128", when the alt in the picture clearly has a different ID/part number. My seller and a few others did this.

It wouldn't be a problem if they'd post a decent pic of the alternator and the number label. If any, they show one obscure pic of the alt and the rest are of the outside of the wrecked vehicle.

The seller just said they didn't have any of 13534128 in stock and to start a return and to not remove any of their markings from the part. Dammit! Cleaning off the blue paint was one of the first things I did. I'm glad I took pics of it as I received it and how it appeared straight out of the box. I gotta get a blue paint pen and refer to those pics to try to recreate their barely-legible numbers, etc.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
had the transmission shop that built the trans change the fluid today, kinda have to have it done by them anyway to stay in warranty, new cat goes on tomorrow, then I have 3 bottles of power steering fluid to flush that out, then I need to do the brakes, oil change. probably should order a new cabin filter. maintenance time...

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a crock! It's only a matter of time before it causes a bigger problem. Well, this is why I pay no mind to warranties, can't get upset by how they worm their way out of coverage!
if I were to keep driving it until the cel comes on then it could probably be warranted but I can't find my receipt anyway so I don't even know if it would have been covered either way. I think they only give a 2 or 3 years warranty on these at the most.
not going to pay twice as much or more for a new y pipe

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd just leave it and hollow it out. That's what I did with my van and I never got a cel.
^x2^
I just wouldn't trust the same brand of converter after that.. Why are our cats so expensive? Now I'm scared!

I once had an MR2 that did not pass smog, turned out the aftermarket converter the PO installed had only 1" thick of honeycomb. Swapped it out and it passed no problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vadenA77