What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
google knows jack very well lol, you would have to avoid a whole bunch of things to avoid google
even if you completely opted out of everything that you have an option to, they still have a record of everything
you could have no phone and no internet and if a camera scans your license plate google will have a record a of it all these little services the government, cities & business subscribe to are uploaded to the cloud, be it apple, google, amazon, or whoever.
amazon in particular has huge huge huge cloud servers, so do all the major carriers
amazon though has major contracts with the government and big companies for cloud services
This

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not the sender, its the gauge. Read my original post several gauge either at 0 or 80. Step motor on gauge went bad. Common issue on the GM clusters.

Might be a rare case, but if the sender is bad it can go either way, or both. Granted, it's usually one or the other, but... How hard is that to test before calling a diag?

I've done backlighting and stepper motors in a couple of GMT800 clusters, so I'm familiar with all that. Carry on.

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so... I start it up this afternoon to go do my shipping and I hear a new noise, kind of sounds like a bad bearing from inside with the window down I figured it must be a pulley or maybe the ac pump or water pump, went ahead and drove it and when I got to the post office I opened the hood to see if there was anything obvious, nope listen a little more and it defenittely was coming from the bottom end. At this point I would be lying if I said I wasn't a bit worried.
so I baby it home and got it up on ramps and took the serpentine belt off start it up and yep defenittely something in the bottom end, so put the belt back on and got to poking around with a stethascope and I am 99.9% sure it is the right cat broke apart inside, it might be under warranty it's somewhere around 2-3 years old I will have to check with the muffler shop tomorrow otrherwise it's about $650

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
so... I start it up this afternoon to go do my shipping and I hear a new noise, kind of sounds like a bad bearing from inside with the window down I figured it must be a pulley or maybe the ac pump or water pump, went ahead and drove it and when I got to the post office I opened the hood to see if there was anything obvious, nope listen a little more and it defenittely was coming from the bottom end. At this point I would be lying if I said I wasn't a bit worried.
so I baby it home and got it up on ramps and took the serpentine belt off start it up and yep defenittely something in the bottom end, so put the belt back on and got to poking around with a stethascope and I am 99.9% sure it is the right cat broke apart inside, it might be under warranty it's somewhere around 2-3 years old I will have to check with the muffler shop tomorrow otrherwise it's about $650
Not that I’m happy about the cat, but when you said bottom end, I was thinking rod, bearing, etc.. so at least it’s not that bottom end..

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there is a 220amp oem one out there option KW5, just be sure it has the standard pulley and not the clutch pulley (the clutch pulley ones have a nose on the end of the pulley)
this one looks pretty clean presuming it is the one you actually get

Bruh... So, I Googled the part number on that alternator (13539726). All the hits, mostly for GM OE replacement part suppliers, show that it's a 170A. It appears to be a direct replacement, as you said. But, it's only 25A more than my stock 145A unit. The sellers on eBay are listing it as a 220A alternator. There's another 170A one, #13534128, that's also being listed as a 220A alternator.

I started digging after comparing the one I have (13539728) with my stock one. First off, it appears that the '9728 is for a truck with the 2.7L turbo 4-cylinder as well as the '20-'21 Cadillac CT4 and CT5 with the 2.0L. This explains the vastly different mounting setup. O'Reilly Auto Parts's website was the only place I found where its output was specified, and it was 220A. I looked up pics of a 2019-2021 6.2 and all showed the alternator mounting setup we have on our trucks. It's just on the RH side of the engine. The ad for the alt I have showed a wrecked Silverado. After running the VIN, that truck had the 2.7L. After more digging, it looks like there's a 13534128 that looks to have the mounting style we have and the GM parts sites list it as a 220A alternator for a '19-'22 truck. I'm gonna research some more on this.

I'm gonna try to return this one on the count of the pulley wobbling, apparently from taking a hit in shipping. Also, in the description, it says "This Part Will Fit These Makes And Models With These Options" and it lists the Sierra 1500 with the KW5 option, ID 13534128. Since this is NOT the 13534128, maybe I can have them swap it for one (and package it better!) if they don't wanna take this one back and refund me.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bruh... So, I Googled the part number on that alternator (13539726). All the hits, mostly for GM OE replacement part suppliers, show that it's a 170A. It appears to be a direct replacement, as you said. But, it's only 25A more than my stock 145A unit. The sellers on eBay are listing it as a 220A alternator. There's another 170A one, #13534128, that's also being listed as a 220A alternator.

I started digging after comparing the one I have (13539728) with my stock one. First off, it appears that the '9728 is for a truck with the 2.7L turbo 4-cylinder as well as the '20-'21 Cadillac CT4 and CT5 with the 2.0L. This explains the vastly different mounting setup. O'Reilly Auto Parts's website was the only place I found where its output was specified, and it was 220A. I looked up pics of a 2019-2021 6.2 and all showed the alternator mounting setup we have on our trucks. It's just on the RH side of the engine. The ad for the alt I have showed a wrecked Silverado. After running the VIN, that truck had the 2.7L. After more digging, it looks like there's a 13534128 that looks to have the mounting style we have and the GM parts sites list it as a 220A alternator for a '19-'22 truck. I'm gonna research some more on this.

I'm gonna try to return this one on the count of the pulley wobbling, apparently from taking a hit in shipping. Also, in the description, it says "This Part Will Fit These Makes And Models With These Options" and it lists the Sierra 1500 with the KW5 option, ID 13534128. Since this is NOT the 13534128, maybe I can have them swap it for one (and package it better!) if they don't wanna take this one back and refund me.
ya, you have to be carefull when buying them off ebay, always ask if the one pictured is the one you will recieve, often they show one and send another
check with butler in Pensacola Florida, often they will sell it cheaper direct than off of ebay

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not that I’m happy about the cat, but when you said bottom end, I was thinking rod, bearing, etc.. so at least it’s not that bottom end..
ya I was pretty worried and checked all over with my stethascope and all the noise is at the cat or after, will have muffler shop confirm tomorrow thats all they do all day is cats and mufflers they are only 2 blocks from the post office but were already closed they usually roll the doors down and are gone by 4:30
felt wierd getting passed on the freeway lol that never happens

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

i could have made mistake also by only searching kw5
the oem part number you want is 84143539 interchange is 22949466

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
preinternet