What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The clean and shiny stuff in the pic. Regular split loom like what was on there from the factory. I don't know if it's made up of the same material. But it looks, feels and smells "normal" and not like the typical Chineseum plasticy rubber stuff that aromatizes Hazard Fraught. I considered doing the woven stuff. But it's too damned hot to be getting that involved. I'll replace what's missing and dry rotted and close the hood.
I hear ya. We are in the middle of a 3-day mini heat wave ourselves up here, it hit over 100 today but starting Tuesday we will be back in the low 80’s. Our entire spring it was raining and in the 60’s, I missed all those sunny and 70’s days we usually get. It went straight to hot on the first day of summer. I was attempting to dress up some of the hoses in my engine bay but the heat put a stop to that. I quit after replacing one hose on my new overflow tank with some braided I had laying around.1986F38B-C8E8-4E6E-9FA0-B78FC4097BC1.jpeg

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear ya. We are in the middle of a 3-day mini heat wave ourselves up here, it hit over 100 today but starting Tuesday we will be back in the low 80’s. Our entire spring it was raining and in the 60’s, I missed all those sunny and 70’s days we usually get. It went straight to hot on the first day of summer. I was attempting to dress up some of the hoses in my engine bay but the heat put a stop to that. I quit after replacing one hose on my new overflow tank with some braided I had laying around.View attachment 373891

Oh, now you're just showing off. lol

It has hit 100° a few times this week. Was 100° today then we had a bad storm blow through that brought pea-sized hail. It's hot enough to bake cookies on your dash, but then ICE falls from the sky o_O

Drwinlied

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right rear has leaked for a while now. Last time it was in the shop the guy said they cleaned tf put of the wheel to get it to hold air.

That worked for about 4 days and tire was slowly losing pressure again. Said f it and bought a new wheel. Was tough to buy just one oem and not do a full fun replacement...

Shop guy calls when putting new wheel on, "yeah so the wheel is fine...there is another nail in your tire" lol

Apparently I was a bit quick to blame the wheel. That makes 2 plugs in that tire...idk if u guys are OK with that but I get slightly uneasy driving around with 2 plugs in a tire.

So...point...put a new wheel on and plugged another hole.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
took her on a 420 miles round trip up thru ebbetts pass (8730ft) then down and back up to monitor pass (8314ft) then thru the high desert and back thru kit carson pass (8652ft) to get fireworks, I think i need to put the trucool back down under the lower bumper trans only hit 192 but coolant temp went up to 230 several times, ambient was high nothing lower than 77 deg with some snow in the shadows still
and used the trailer grade braking a lot that's a nice feature I think the BB tune gives it a sporty feel.
spotted a eagle grabbing some road kill off the highway and avoiding getting hit by oncoming traffic, lol looked like maybe it was a skunk not sure
monitor-pass.jpg

Last edited:

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Right rear has leaked for a while now. Last time it was in the shop the guy said they cleaned tf put of the wheel to get it to hold air.

That worked for about 4 days and tire was slowly losing pressure again. Said f it and bought a new wheel. Was tough to buy just one oem and not do a full fun replacement...

Shop guy calls when putting new wheel on, "yeah so the wheel is fine...there is another nail in your tire" lol

Apparently I was a bit quick to blame the wheel. That makes 2 plugs in that tire...idk if u guys are OK with that but I get slightly uneasy driving around with 2 plugs in a tire.

So...point...put a new wheel on and plugged another hole.
Meh, two plugs is no big deal. I have only ever had a plug fail once in my life. Never had one blow out, ever.

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does that line have a section between the radiator and front of engine that's rubber hose?

Yes, there is a section of flexible rubber hose, but it won't provide enough slack/stretch to allow the end of the hardline to fit out of the hole. I assume I need to remove the bolted-in crossmember near the back of the engine.

Probably have some free time in a month or so.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, now you're just showing off. lol

It has hit 100° a few times this week. Was 100° today then we had a bad storm blow through that brought pea-sized hail. It's hot enough to bake cookies on your dash, but then ICE falls from the sky o_O
That’s wild.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157

Latest posts