What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Yes, there is a section of flexible rubber hose, but it won't provide enough slack/stretch to allow the end of the hardline to fit out of the hole. I assume I need to remove the bolted-in crossmember near the back of the engine.

Probably have some free time in a month or so.
I'd just cut it in the middle of the rubber hose then use a brass barb hose connector with spring type hose clamps on it. Or take the opportunity to install a remote trans filter and use those lines to go to/from the filter housing

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd just cut it in the middle of the rubber hose then use a brass barb hose connector with spring type hose clamps on it. Or take the opportunity to install a remote trans filter and use those lines to go to/from the filter housing

That's an interesting idea, and I'll look into that.

Reaction score
Most definitely! I've needed to fix the inline I made just so I could run the physical sensor, one end has been leaking for quite a while, especially when it goes over the base 43 PSI.
Apparently the ethanol was eating away at the black nylon or something.
So I need to fix that before I put it back on anyway.

I just need to put enough miles on the dumb thing to get all the sensors ready for the smog check.

But the stock intake back on and the stock tune also... Put in 20 gallons($125) of regular, physical sensor eventually settled on 22%.
With the stock tune and virtual sensor, it reads 3.5%. .. close enough to Eaton or less that it's not ******* it off, I might have to put another $50 in to water it down some more though, keep the fuel trims happy.

Forgot how gutless it feels on a stock tune. It's noticeably slower, especially in the mid-range and it doesn't feel like it pulls at all up top anymore.
And the shifts are so soft it's disgusting, even wide open you don't feel anything...

Kind of forgot how loud the intake really was as well. The stock intake is ridiculously quiet in comparison. But I kind of wondered what this exhaust setup sounded like, but I can never tell because the intake was so much louder. Haha

Pretty sure I'll be able to use the Corsa intake box with the Whipple intake tube, the couplers on the factory tube and the corsa tube line up almost perfectly.
So if that hose going to the alcohol sensor wasn't leaking, could you have just left the sensor installed and switched the tune back to stock for the test?

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So if that hose going to the alcohol sensor wasn't leaking, could you have just left the sensor installed and switched the tune back to stock for the test?
Not if the tech did his job properly. That'd be part of the "visual" inspection, anything not OE or CARB approved basically... although I am going to leave the catch an and see what happens.
No one in their right mind should fail that...it's literally making the engine run cleaner by not burning those vapors through the engine.

If they fail it from that, I can undo two hose clamps and move one hose and it'll be "stock"

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Not if the tech did his job properly. That'd be part of the "visual" inspection, anything not OE or CARB approved basically... although I am going to leave the catch an and see what happens.
No one in their right mind should fail that...it's literally making the engine run cleaner by not burning those vapors through the engine.

If they fail it from that, I can undo two hose clamps and move one hose and it'll be "stock"
If it’s that easy why even take the chance?

Drwinlied

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thought about trading it in for a ctsv coupe I saw at a local dealer. Kept driving...but I find myself having "new tasks" that involve driving by that v often now...thankfully I leave for vacation in a few days and it will likely be sold by the time I return. Crisis averted

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Put gas in it today.

24 gallons of E85 cost me $108

$4.50/gal

Thanks Joe, errr I mean Vlad
You can thank the oil companies. They charge what they can, and have been exposed admitting they don’t want to drill the thousands of open permits they have in the US, they want supply to stay low so they can make more record profits.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14